Chapter 5 Super Fierce

The next day, Ye Chongjin did not wake up and slept until noon which frightened Madam An. She wondered if her son had slept early last night but still did not wake up now. Maybe he was possessed by something.

Although she is well educated and sensible, she has been taught by her Buddhist mother since she was a child, which inevitably leads her to believe in supernatural things.

However the old man of the Ye family is an upright person and he hated superstition. Madam An did not please the old man so how could she dare to cause trouble. She secretly asked grandma An to go to the temple to ask for a peace charm and planned to secretly stuff it into A-jin's pillow.

Before the peace talisman was brought back, Ye Chongjin woke up. He had insomnia last night and fell asleep only at dawn so he didn't get enough sleep. He yawned and called out softly, "Good morning mother". Madam An became increasingly worried and said, "It's almost noon. I haven't seen you so sleepy in the past. Is there something wrong with your body?"

Ye Chongjin thought for a moment. Then he understood, shook his head and said: "Last night, mosquitoes were buzzing in my ears. A-Jin couldn't sleep so he played with the seven skill locks for a while."

Madam An's heart relaxed, she turned around and called the maid into the room. The maid came forward and she asked: "There were no mosquito repellent in the house last night? How come the young master was bothered by mosquitos all night?"

"This slave really did burn the mosquito incense," the maid said, "Maybe the mosquitos are not afraid or maybe the young master is precious and so rare that the mosquitos have to bite twice even if they were knocked out by the medicine."

Madam An laughed angrily at her sophistry but when she looked back at her son's cute appearance, she actually felt that it made sense.

She shook her head and said: "Forget it, I'll think of another way."

She reached out to pick up her son's black hair and held a red wood comb and slowly swiped it through. Although the child was young, his hair was long and silky. Black and shiny, smooth and soft to touch. The two locks of hair on the forehead are slightly curled, looking a little playful.

When the maid brought the medicine bowl, Madam An put down the comb and took the medicine bowl into her hand. She scooped a spoonful and blew the hot air gently before passing it to the little child's lips.

Ye Chongjin smelled the medicine and frowned slightly but he was not as wilful as when he was in front of grandma An,  shouting that he would not drink it. He hesitated for a moment before opening his lips and swallowing it. Then his delicate face wrinkled into a bitter melon. Madam An's hand trembled slightly but she still scooped up the second spoonful.

After drinking the medicine, Ye Chongjin laid motionless on the couch. His lively and energetic face dimmed a lot, like a wilted flower, and his little appearance was very cute. Madam An coaxed him with some snacks made in the kitchen.

By lunchtime, Ye Chonghui returned from Tai'an Academy.

According to common sense, a family like the Ye family does not need a teacher but what is valued in this capital is not only academic talent but also connections and communication.

In terms of teaching and educating people, the Ye family in Jinzhou is second to none, but in terms of the way to be an official and the way to live in the world, Tai'an Academy is even better. Therefore many officials in the capital are willing to send their children to Tai'an Academy to study. Firstly, to seek knowledge and secondly, to make friends so that they can take care of each other when they serve as officials in the same court in the future.

But compared to the Ye family's "education without distinction", the threshold of the Tai'an Academy is astonishingly high. In addition to having a strong family background, it also needs to test students' talents and only accepts truly talented students.

It can be seen from this that Ye Chonghui, who entered Tai'an Academy at the age of eight, is definitely a genius.

If this were an ordinary family, if such a promising child was born, they would definitely have a big feast to celebrate but in the Ye family, the elders just nodded and praised.

Even when outsiders heard this, they just said: "It turns out to be from the Ye family so that's not surprising."

Because of this, although Ye Chongjin has the mind of an adult, he does not have to hide his clumsiness and pretend to be stupid all the time. With Ye Chonghui in front of him, he is smarter and his family does not find it strange. Instead they all say that the two brothers are smart and sensible.

When Ye Chonghui returned home, he didn't put down his book bag but ran straight to his brother's Funing courtyard. In the courtyard, several women were enjoying the cool under the shade of the trees and several girls were playing shuttlecock. He recognised his mother's maid among them so he knows that Madam An was in the house at this time.

He pinched the contents of his book bag with some difficulty.

Liuli, the eldest girl next to Madam An, came over, took a look and said: "Young Master, the Second Young Master drank medicine earlier and was unhappy. Madam coaxed him for a while but now there is nothing she can do. Come over and take a look."

Ye Chonghui had a plan in his mind, nodded and said yes, turned around and went into the inner bedroom.

Because Ye Chongjin was in poor health, he rarely used incense. There was only a faint aroma of medicine and various unknown foods in the room. A-Jin is a greedy cat who likes to eat everything. He is not picky about food at all unlike his brother Ye Chonghui. Young Master Ye thought as such.

When he stepped into the room, the fat child was lying on the soft pillow pretending to sleep. Madam An held a piece of sweet-scented osmanthus cake in her hand with a helpless expression. Apparently, just as Liuli said, there was nothing she could do.

Ye Chonghui took a few steps forward, looked at the peaceful sleeping face, curved his lips, leaned over and kissed the little baby's side cheek.

"Chu-"

Then the child who had just fallen asleep, instantly jumped up from the bed, raised his little fist and hit Ye Chonghui with all his strength. However the difference between a three year old and an eight year old is that the three year old's fist is as soft as a marshmallow. He just wants it to be eaten in one bite. It doesn't hurt at all!

Ye Chonghui said with great enjoyment: "A-Jin, I want it here too".

"..."