Chapter 33 Anyway

After lunch and following a short rest, Ye Yanbai said goodbye to the two elders of the An family and returned with his wife and children.

Old Madam An had been looking forward to seeing her two grandchildren for a long time so she was unwilling to let go. She held Ye Chongjin in her arms and said with red eyes: "I don't know how many days of good life I have left. A-Jin's grandfather is unreasonable. After today, I don't know if there will be a next time. It may be the last time I see you. Let me take a few more glances at you so that I can feel at ease even if I close my eyes."

An Qirong said helplessly: "Mother, you are in good health. Besides, my Father-in-law is a man who keeps his word. Since he promised, he will never go back on his words. Please relax and take good care of yourself. After a while, your daughter will come to take care of you again and the children will come back to visit you."

"Yes, Mother, it is important for you to take good care of yourself first. This capital is only so big. If you can't see it when you look up, then you will see if you look down. Why worry about not meeting again in the future." An Chenglei advised.

The two daughters-in-law also gave some words of comfort. The old Madam understood these truths but she was unwilling. It took so many years for her to meet her own grandson so why not stay for a few more days?

An Shihai sat aside and drank tea calmly, letting his wife do whatever she wanted. Their grandsons had been detained by the Ye family for so many years and he felt angry about it. Besides, he also wanted to keep his daughter and grandsons for a few more days and let his son-in-law go back alone.

Ye Chongjin blinked, not knowing what they were thinking. Most likely, they had been bullied by the old man of the Ye family for too long so they would trouble him whenever they get the chance.

These old people, each one is less sensible than the other.

He tugged at the old lady's sleeves and said playfully: "Grandma is sick and A-Jin is also sick. Why don't we compete to see who recovers first? The loser has to imitate the barking of a puppy."

As soon as the little child opened his mouth, the elders in the room were both amused and distressed. An Qirong touched her son's head and said warmly: "A-Jin, why are you talking like this to Grandma? If Grandma loses, do you really want to her to bark like a puppy?"

The child frowned, as if he was a little troubled, and muttered after a moment: "Then I'll give up to Grandma, that's alright."

The old Madam felt even more distressed. She thought of the child who had been soaked in a medicine jar and suffered so much. It was rare for him to go out. But she, a person over fifty years old, is acting out of temper. She frowned and said: "Grandma doesn't want A-Jin to give in. As long as A-Jin can take good care of himself, it will be worthwhile for Grandma to learn how to bark like a dog."

Ye Chongjin came close to the old lady's ear, whispered something, and then blinked slyly. The little child's appearance was already exquisite but now it was even more agile. A pair of bright black eyes were full of liveliness and vitality. The old lady was affected. She smiled and responded: "Okay, okay, just follow our A-Jin's advice."

The two raised their little thumbs and stamped them seriously.

=======

On the way back from the An's house, Ye Chongjin slept in his father's arms.

Ye Chonghui held his chin and looked at his brother's sleeping face but Madam An was wondering at the side and said: "What did A-Jin say to Mother today? Why is Mother smiling so happily? She was so sad before and couldn't bear to let him go."

Ye Chonghui said: "Grandma will laugh, not because of what A-Jin said but because of A-Jin's thoughtfulness."

"Hui'er knows what A-Jin said?"