Chapter 71 As Father, As Emperor

In Qianzheng Palace, the imperial physicians knelt on the ground, each one trembling and dripping with cold sweat.

Emperor Qingzong leaned on the dragon couch, his face was ashen, and he closed his eyes and said slowly: "Now, everyone in the harem is very curious about zhen's physical condition. Zhen also know that some of you may have received money, or some benefits, in short, agreed to something you shouldn't have agreed to."

The imperial physicians dared not speak out, their dark blue official uniforms were almost soaked with sweat.

After all, Emperor Qingzong had been Emperor for more than ten years, and even though he was so ill, he still retained his power.

He sneered, opened his cloudy eyes, and said: "What are you afraid of? Zhen is going to die, so you don't need to take zhen seriously. However, zhen still have a breath of life. What should zhen say? What should be said and what should not be said, you should weight it carefully in your heart first. If today's incident is leaked, regardless of who it is, everyone present today, including your relatives at home, will be buried with zhen."

"Your Majesty! I have been wronged! In the palace there are many eyes and ears, but even if I keep my mouth shut, it is inevitable that some one will leak it..."

Emperor Qingzong only waved his hand and said: "Zhen is tired, please retreat."

After leaving the palace gate, more than a dozen imperial physicians were wrapped in black cloaks, and sent by the guards to the carriage from the side door, disappearing into the vast night.

The hall was brightly lit with candles. Emperor Qingzong raised his hand, looked at the empty palm in the light, and smiled to himself for a long time.

It turns out that even the emperors on earth are left with nothing at the end of their lives. Even because he was the Emperor, he was even more miserable than ordinary people. He had six princes and countless concubines, but when he came to the end, there was no one around him. His close relatives were probably looking forward to his death.

As a king, he was mediocre and inactive. As a father, several of his princes killed each other. As a husband, he neglected his wife for many years. The Emperor and the Empress were at odds. If you think about it carefully, nothing was accomplished. The late Emperor was right, he was not made to be an Emperor, and he could not defend Daegu's vast territory.

Fortunately, the Crown Prince did not disappoint him.

His Crown Prince joined the army when he was more than ten years old. Unknowingly, it has been nearly seven years. Not only has he defended the country of Daegu, he has also driven the Northern Tartars hundreds of miles out of the country, approaching the frozen land on the northern border of the mainland. The Tatars were frightened and still dared not look back.

Although he failed in this life, but at least, he gave birth to a good son.

Before the Crown Prince returns, he must hold on to this dragon chair as the last thing he does as a father and as a king.

========

The Duke of Yue State.

Several maids in pink clothes carried food boxes and walked carefully towards the Maple Tower. A woman in front of them warned: "Please watch your steps carefully. There is a soup made by Madam Qin herself for the Young Master. If a drop is spilled, you won't have to stay in the house in the future."

The maids responded in succession. Since seven years ago, the Eldest Young Master passed away and the Duke's wife went crazy on the day of the funeral. Aunt Qin, who used to be bullied by everyone, has become the high-ranking Madam Qin.