Chapter 48 Cause and Effect

The temperature has been high for several days in a row. Ye Chongjin suffered a lot from the bitter summer.

The Hantan stones that Gu Chen sent earlier have lost their effectiveness under the scorching heat. They stay as hot as ever. The child couldn't sleep at night and can't cheer up during the day. It's like a small firecracker that ignites at a moment's notice. The servants serving in the yard were all on tenterhooks, fearing that if they were not careful, they would make the Young Master angry.

Seeing that he was in a bad mood, Xia He taught little Jili how to speak, hoping to make him happy. Who knew that the parrot she had taught well before, would only say "good luck" when it came to Ye Chongjin.

Xia He said angrily: "No wonder the little Master said you are a stupid bird. He is right."

Grandma An smiled and poked her forehead. She said: "Silly girl, this little white tiger is staring at it, how would it dare say anything else."

Ye Chongjin also showed a rare smile and opened the birdcage to tease the stupid bird but little Jili shivered in the corner and refused to come out. Apparently he was still afraid of the majesty of the tiger.

The little white tiger squatted next to the child, tilted its head and stared with its bright yellow round eyes for a long time. Perhaps he saw that the parrot was afraid of him and suddenly put his paw into the birdcage. The timid parrot was frightened and squawked again and again. The little white tiger became interested and took great pleasure in patting it with its paws.

Ye Chongjin covered his mouth and snickered. Afraid of scaring the stupid bird further, he asked someone to move it away.

The little white tiger didn't have enough fun so he mewled to his owner aggrievedly: "Ooow!"

Ye Chongjin pinched its soft little ears and murmered: "You are a fake tiger that bullies the weak and is afraid of the strong. Who was it that was scared away by a puppy yesterday but knows how to bully a bird? What kind of hero is that?"

The little white tiger didn't understand, so he nuzzled him with his little head.

Madam An happened to enter the house and was frightened by the scene in front of her. Although it was said that the tiger was more timid than the cat, at first glance, it was still scary.

"Mother." The child raised his eyes and called.

Madam An took a few steps forward and took her son's hand and sat on the couch. She looked at his increasingly thin face and her eyes turned red. She said, "Why have you lost so much weight again? Mother really wishes she could shoot down the sun from the sky so that my sweet baby suffer less."

Ye Chongjin said helplessly: "I'm not emaciated. I can't sleep well and my complexion is not good. I'll just wait until the weather cools down."

"Mother's eyes are good. Don't try to deceive me. It's obvious that you've lost weight. It's only the beginning of August and there are still some days to go." She stroked her son's cheek, held back tears, and called, "Liuli, bring me the fruits."

Ye Chongjin had a headache and said, "Mother, I really can't eat it."

Liuli had already placed a jade-white porcelain plate on the table, containing a bunch of purple-red grapes, a few slices of cut watermelon, and peeled fragrant pears. The three colors of purple, red and white contrasted with each other. The flesh of the fruits are translucent and the fruity aroma diffused, making people salivate.

Liuli blessed the child and softly persuaded: "Young Master, these fruits have been chilled with well water for most of an hour. It's cool and refreshing. Because of Madam's good intentions, please use some."