Chapter 28 East Palace

Snow was falling from the sky. The people in the East Palace lowered their heads and stood respectfully in front of the palace gate, waiting for the return of their master. They were covered in flying catkins without realizing it.

Ye Chongjin unconsciously recalled the past life and it seemed that it was the same. A magnificent palace, a group of beautiful palace ladies in brocade clothes with sweet greetings, the clever palace attendants knelt in a row. They surrounded the little child like stars over the moon. A group of people stepped into the hall in a mighty manner.

And because he offended His Highness, the Crown Prince, he was escorted behind by the guards. He looked at the child's back eagerly, feeling shocked and frightened in his heart.

In an instant, it was past and present life.

But this time, when he first entered the East Palace, he was carried into the palace with great care by His Highness, the Crown Prince.

Gu Chen likes beautiful things. This is his old problem. Except for his careless brothers, if other children look a little smart and cute, he will have to take a look at them, such as those in his previous life. For example, Song Li, or, Gu You who inherited Imperial Concubine Li's beauty.

Ye Chongjin knew in his heart that Gu Chen was treating him well at this time, probably because he was born well. When his interest passes, all the so-called favour will definitely be taken back. In fact, he doesn't have to rush to avoid it, just wait until he gets tired of it.

As soon as Gu Chen stepped into the palace, several palace maids came forward to remove his fox fur cloak that was wet with snow. The cloak covered Ye Chongjin all the way today, and it was inevitable that it would be contaminated with the unique medicinal fragrance of the child. Gu Chen, after a pause, raised his hand and waved away the palace attendant, folded the cloak and put it aside.

Ye Chongjin curled his lips when he saw this, thinking that this person's territorial behaviour was getting worse. In the past, he didn't like others to touch his personal belongings, but now he doesn't even allow his outer clothes to be touched.

Gu Chen turned around, squatted in front of the child, and said considerately: "A-Jin's clothes are also wet. I can bathe and change clothes for you."

"I'm not dirty." He sniffed the smell on his body carefully and made sure that the fragrance did not have an unpleasant smell. Then he nodded affirmatively and said: "When I return home tomorrow, grandma An will bathe A-Jin. I don't dare trouble His Highness, the Crown Prince."

He gave people a very serious feeling when he said polite words. Gu Chen couldn't help but smile, pinched the child's soft cheeks, and said teasingly: "But I don't want to sleep with the dirty child."

He said it lightly, but Ye Chongjin stared straight into his eyes. With so many empty rooms in the East Palace, could it be that you can't accommodate a three-year-old child like him? Why do you have to sleep on the same bed with His Royal Highness?

He shook his head and said, "Mommy said A-Jin doesn't sleep well and talks in his sleep at night, which makes people uneasy. It's better to let A-Jin sleep by himself..."

Gu Chen said, "But gu is worried. Although the East Palace is in the inner courtyard of the palace, it is actually not safe. A-Jin is Prime Minister Ye's heart and soul. If something goes wrong, I am afraid that Prime Minister Ye will fight gu desperately. Doesn't A-Jin thinks so."

"... ..."

Although he didn't want to admit it, every word he said made sense.

Seeing that he didn't speak, Gu Chen took it as agreement and turned around to tell the maid to prepare for bathing. Ye Chongjin blushed and tugged at his sleeves, thinking that Gu Chen was only eight years old and couldn't do anything to him. When he thought about this, he forgot that he is still a baby wearing a dudou. In the summer, he crawled on the arhat's bed with his butt naked and watched the maids and women in the yard. He was not shy at all.

Attendant Wang was very efficient in his work and quickly prepared bathing utensils. In fact, there was a bath in the East Palace, but with Ye Chongjin's size, if he entered the water, he would probably sink directly to the bottom.

Gu Chen waved away the maid and took off the child's clothes himself. Ye Chongjin just hugged him. In fact, his whole body was covered in soft meat. It was soft like dough and his belly was even rounder. Gu Chen couldn't help laughing, and patted it for a few times. He said, "A-Jin's belly may be ripe soon."

Experienced farmer likes to slap watermelons with their palm to judge its ripeness. He was clearly teasing Ye Chongjin because his belly was as round as a small watermelon.

Ye Chongjin was depressed and said: "I ate too much for dinner and everyone is fat when they were young."

Gu Chen chuckled and when he saw the little child staring at him, he quickly said seriously: "That's true."

He tested the water temperature with his hands first, only then did Gu Chen dared to put the child into the bucket. The height of the wooden bucket was just right and the water reached his shoulders. Ye Chongjin exhaled comfortably. Gu Chen untied his hair tie, and his smooth black hair fell down, floating on water.

Gu Chen sat outside the bucket and washed his hair.

He was actually not good at these trivial chores but he was more attentive and thoughtful. Ye Chongjin was actually very comfortable being served by him. He was young and started to feel sleepy and doze off after a while.

Gu Chen washed his hair and turned to get clean clothes. When he turned around, the child had fallen asleep leaning against the edge of the bucket. He sat next to him and watched for a while, kissed him on the cheek, then fished the little man out of the water and carried him naked to the bed.

Just as Ye Chongjin thought, Gu Chen was still so young and couldn't do anything. In fact, when facing such a little child, Gu Chen was not a beast. What he could think about was that the child's skin was really tender and smooth and just kissed him several times.

Before going to bed, Gu Chen pinched the tip of the little child's nose and said with a smile: "My lonely child bride."

========

The next day, as soon as Ye Yanbai came down from the morning court, he couldn't wait to go to the East Palace to pick up his precious son.

After snowing all night, the sky finally cleared up and the sun was warm. Gu Chen got up early and was practicing martial arts in Shangwu Pavilion. When he heard the palace servants relay that Prime Minister Ye wanted to see him, a trace of anger flashed across his cold face.

He is actually not very willing to hand over the child. With his methods, it is not difficult to snatch a child from the Prime Minister's house and it can also cause Ye Yanbai to suffer. However, the child will remember it and he does not want to be resented. What's more, the palace is indeed not a good place to raise children.

"Invite him in."

Back in the bedroom, Gu Chen opened the bright yellow silk curtain. The child was sleeping soundly, with his head tilted, his fair face showing light pink, and his lips slightly parted. He could hear a slight snoring if he got closer.

He lowered his voice and said, "Tell Prime Minister Ye that the Young Master has not woken up yet and ask him to wait outside."

The palace maid bowed and accepted the order.

After a while, the palace maid came to convey the message and said: "Your Highness, the Prime Minister said that his Young Master is not squeamish, just wake him up."

Gu Chen frowned and said displeased: "The Prime Minister really can't wait for a moment. He is so impatient. Is it possible that gu will eat his good treasure?"

The Crown Prince was angry and all the people in the palace knelt down, not daring to say anything.

The child on the bed just woke up, rubbed his eyes, and said drowsily: "Gu Chen, what's the noise so early in the morning?"

His voice was low and you could only hear it clearly if you were closer. The palace maid who had brought the message turned pale. This Young Master of the Prime Minister's family is so bold that he dares to call the Crown Prince by his first name. He must be overly pampered. She quickly lowered her head and pretended not to hear anything.

Gu Chen raised his lips in a funny way. He sat on the edge of the bed, leaned over and looked at the child who had just woken up. He raised his eyebrows and asked, "What did A-Jin just call me?"