Chapter 31 Origin

An Lingwei was one of the many women in Gu Chen's harem in her previous life. Her status was not low and she was a Concubine.

But she is different from other women, she doesn't like Gu Chen, she likes Song Li. When she first entered the palace, she didn't understand the rules. Because of her straightforward temperament, she accidentally got into trouble. Song Li helped her once and An Lingwei fell in love.

The reason why she was able to rise step by step in the harem was probably because she was one of the few people in the harem who had not thought about harming Song Li. Therefore, Gu Chen did not think she was an eyesore and was willing to give her face. Anyway, there must be someone to fill the four concubine positions and Gu Chen is willing to give it to anyone.

An Lingwei probably didn't understand why she kept rising in rank even though she didn't receive favour once. It wasn't until later that she heard the palace people gossiping about this.

The three thousand beauties in the harem are all serving as a cover for one person and that person is the Chief Steward, Song Li.

That man's appearance is so impressive that one cannot help but admire him. He has countless beauties in his harem and who has the confidence to defeat him?

An Lingwei was not convinced. She felt that the Emperor was not worthy of such a good man. It was not that she thought she was worthy, it's just that she felt unwilling.

Song Li realized that this woman was interested in him when he was serving Gu Chen at a state banquet. The Prince of the subordinate country, Donglang, got drunk and looked at him lustfully. He said rudely: "The beauty besides the Emperor is truly stunning, can you dance a little to cheer me up?"

He was an outsider, so naturally he didn't know the twists and turns in court, let alone that the beauty he mentioned was the Emperor's sweetheart. He must have felt that he was at a disadvantage and wanted him to dance in public. It was simply because he disliked his long life.

All the officials in court were silent. A eunuch confused the Imperial Heart. They had already been dissatisfied. Now there was a foreign Prince venting their anger for them. They couldn't wait to watch the excitement so how could there be any explanation?

Not to mention the concubines present, who wouldn't want to watch a good show? It seems that Song Li has lost face and they have recovered face accordingly.

Just when Gu Chen sneered and was about to speak, An Lingwei said: "Your Majesty, Master Song is not good at singing and dancing so why not let me replace him? I have just learned a dance to pray to the sky, which was performed by the Xia Dynasty a thousand years ago. It is used for royal sacrifices, so Prince Donglang can see the thousands of years of heritage of our Han people."

Her dance was very well chosen and the dance was graceful but it was different from the dancing posture of a dancer. It was more like the ritual of a witch's sacrifice. Solemn and sacred.

All the ministers of Donglang Kingdom were sincerely convinced and said: "The grace of the Imperial Monarch is so great, we bow to you."

After this incident, Young Master Song Li had no choice but to thank her in private for her help in rescuing the siege.

By the Mufang River, An Lingwei blushed and asked, "I wonder what Master Song thinks of Lingwei's dance?"

She is a Concubine so she should have referred to herself as bengong, but she used her maiden name. The meaning was obvious.

Surrounded by Gu Chen's undercover guards, Song Li was so frightened by the confession from Gu Chen's woman that he took a few steps back. He politely said, "Of course Concubine An's dancing is excellent."