Chapter 59 Just in vain

Jinguang Temple is prosperous, its scale not small and its layout is exquisite. It is rumoured that Master Kongchen is not only profound in Buddhism but also proficient in the art of Qimen Dunjia. There are traps hidden in the temple. If you break in forcefully, you will most likely be trapped inside.

Rumours are just rumours after all and many people don't believe it. Isn't this secret door at the Emperor's feet a source of suspicion for nothing?

Ye Chonghui didn't believe it before and only regarded this rumour as a joke. However he could not get out of the peach forest in front of him no matter what so he had to believe that he was trapped by some powerful formation.

Although he is young, he is truly accomplished and has a wide range of knowledge. For example, he has read books passed down from the previous dynasty and he knows some of the principles. This is the first time he has seen the real thing but he couldn't decipher it for a while.

Thinking that his brother was still in the hands of others, he forced himself to calm down. It was just a formation so there was nothing to panic about. There must be a way to break the formation. He looked around, his sharp eyes seeming to penetrate the trees and see the mechanism hidden behind them.

After a moment, he frowned slightly, his jade-like face a little frozen... the flowers have no fragrance.

Falling flowers were flying in the wind. He reached out to catch them and a pale pink petal passed through his palm and slowly fell to the ground.

Ye Chonghui paused suddenly and finally realized that it was already the end of August. Where could the peach blossoms come from?

He was previously confused by the scenery in this temple. The reason is because there are flowers and green grass everywhere. It is full of vitality and completely a spring scene. This peach forest in full bloom seems reasonable but it turns out to be a deception.

If the peach forest in front of him is illusory then he cannot believe what he sees with his eyes and can only rely on other senses. He slowly closed his eyes and listened carefully. After a while, there was the sound of gurgling water in his ears, mixed with faint sounds. A few birds chirping.

He curled his lips slightly. As expected. There is a saying in Buddhism: looking at mountains is not mountains, looking at water is not water. Only by not being confused by appearances can we seek the truth and trace the source.

The peach forest is fake but the stream is real. If you follow the direction of the water, you can always reach the end.

========

On the other side, Ye Chongjin was embarrassed but Gu Chen refused to let him go easily. He leaned in front of him and asked with a smile: "Gu is curious. What kind of rare treasure is this that A-Jin is talking about?"

Ye Chongjin was very embarrassed and annoyed. He couldn't say that he regarded himself as a rare treasure so he could only say: "I thought it was spiritual creatures like little white tigers and white deers. Although they are birds and beasts, you still have to be considerate of their feelings and don't just restrain them."

Gu Chen raised his eyebrows and asked, "Really?"

The child nodded repeatedly, balled up the handkerchief and threw it away, saying, "A-Jin is full. I have to go back to find my Mother and Brother."

Gu Chen exerted a little force and the child sat back down. However His Highness, the Crown Prince frowned slightly and said in a very aggrieved voice: "Doesn't A-Jin want to stay with gu?" Not waiting for Ye Chongjin to answer, he asked again: "Does A-Jin hate being alone with gu?"