Chapter 44 A rare moment of sincerity

In front of the Prime Minister's house, Ye Chonghui narrowed his eyes and looked at this senior brother. Luo Yan was only sixteen or seventeen years old. A girl of this age might be in a hurry to find her husband, but men are not in a hurry. Most of them wait until they are crowned before seeking marriage. Moreover Luo Yan has always been a romantic and does not seem to be a stable person.

He asked: "Does Brother Luo want to be my brother-in-law?"

Luo Yan's handsome face turned red and he waved his hands quickly and said: "I'm only a few years old so I'm not in a hurry to find a wife. It's my brother. You also know that he will go to Jiangnan next spring to take up a post. After two or three years of experience and achievements, he will be transferred back to the capital. He will also be a junior rank four. He is young and has a bright future."

Seeing Ye Chonghui frowning and saying nothing, he added: "Although my Luo family is not as noble as the Ye family, it is a scholarly family. You have met my Brother. He looks not bad and behaves thoughtfully. I think he should be worthy of a good girl from the Ye family."

Ye Chonghui said: "You come with me first."

Luo Yan also knew that it was inappropriate to talk about marriage in front of someone else's house, so he said alright and followed him in happily.

It was getting late, and there was already a young boy waiting in front of Mo Yuan. When he saw Ye Chonghui, he said: "The Eldest Young Master, Master, Madam and the Young Master are already waiting in the dining room."

He said: "Please ask Father and Mother to have the meal first. I have some things to take care of for the time being." As for why A-Jin was not mentioned, that little greedy cat may have been unable to hold back his chopsticks a long time ago. How could he wait for him?

Thinking of this, his face softened a little and he led Luo Yan into the study.

The girls lit the lamps and retreated respectfully.

Ye Chonghui sat down by himself, poured a cup of hot tea, and said, "Brother Luo, does your Brother really want to marry my Cousin?"

Luo Yan said: "Of course he is sincere, but... he still has some concerns. I wonder what your Cousin looks like?"

Ye Chonghui sneered and said: "I know what you are thinking. My Cousin is very good in appearance and talent. The reason why she came all the way to the capital is because there are many talented people here and there is room to choose from. It is not because of her ugly appearance that she can't get married."

"That's good." Luo Yan breathed a sigh of relief and said with a smile: "This way, my Brother will definitely be more sincere."

Ye Chonghui took a sip of tea and said, "They have never met, so how can he be sincere?"

Luo Yan choked and sat across from him. He raised his hand and poured himself a cup of tea. He put it to his lips but didn't drink it. He put down the cup and said in a deep voice: "Junior Brother Chonghui, I know you are a straightforward person, so I can only tell you these words. With a family like ours, it is really difficult to find a girl you like. You can be more selective when you are young. When you are a little older, you have to marry whoever your family tells you to marry. Even if the other party is someone like Princess Ancheng, for the sake of the prosperity of the family, we will not be allowed to say the word "no".

Ye Chonghui raised his eyes and said: "So, your Brother wants to marry my Cousin just for the prosperity of your Luo family, without any real feelings."

"It's just that there is no true love before marriage. After getting along for a long time, there will always be love. Isn't that what is called love over time?"