Chapter 75 Who to cross the river with?

In Qianzheng Palace, the maidservant knelt on the ground and shouted "Long live Your Majesty".

The young man standing in the centre of the hall was dressed in a black brocade robe, with his face profound like water. He put his sword aside, walked to the dragon bed, and bowed respectfully to the late Emperor's body. Then he got up and sat down on the pedestal next to the bed.

The old face in front of him was different from what he remembered. There was a faint smile at the corner of his mouth. His expression was peaceful, which showed that he left with peace of mind. Gu Chen's usually stern face was unconsciously softer.

After all, he had experienced two lives and was used to seeing life and death. He did not cry loudly. He only said softly: "Imperial Father, this son is back. What Imperial Grandfather and General Meng failed to do, this son has done it. This way, when you see Imperial Grandfather, you can also explain to him. If he dislikes you again, tell him that you are at least a little stronger than him."

Gu Chen curled his lips and said: "At least, your son is more promising than his son."

Empress Dowager Mu stood behind him, with no sadness or joy on her face. She couldn't help but curl her lips.

Gu Chen asked: "Before Imperial Father died, did he explain his posthumous affairs?"

Empress Dowager Mu wiped the late Emperor's cheek with a handkerchief, shook her head and said, "He didn't explain anything, but even if he didn't say it, aijia also knows it. Aren't Imperial Concubine Li's former relics well preserved in Qinghe Palace? After all, he doesn't want others to touch them, so just let him take them away."

Gu Chen nodded slightly, and after a long time, he said in a hoarse voice: "You have worked hard these days, Empress Mother."

Empress Dowager Mu's nose was slightly sour. She adjusted her face, but she couldn't make a happy smile anyway. Her cheeks trembled, and finally her eyes turned red. She sighed softly: "Compared to the Emperor's war abroad, the hardships aijia endured are nothing."

Gu Chen frowned slightly, but didn't say anything after all. He picked up his sword and strode out of Qianzheng Palace. Mo Huaixuan was standing outside the palace waiting for him.

"Your Majesty."

Gu Chen said: "Zifeng, thanks to your care in the capital these past few years, I can safely fight back the enemy at the border."

Mo Huaixuan simply said: "A good bird chooses a tree to roost in. Thinking about the past life, in this life, it is like a joke between you and me."

Gu Chen also chuckled. Isn't it? In the previous life, King Xian had Mo Huaixuan to help him, which was much more difficult than King Ming. The troublesome thing about King Ming is that he has always been playing the role of a good brother. It seems that he is standing behind the Crown Prince to support him, but in fact he is holding a dagger in his hand, and he would stab him at any time.

Mo Huaixuan, on the other hand, fought with him openly and honestly, treating the court as a chess game. The two of them played with the civil and military officials as chess pieces, each fighting for the throne based on their own abilities. In the end, Mo Huaixuan lost to Gu Xian's ignorance and impulsiveness.

Gu Chen said: "Actually, your defeat has been determined for a long time."

Mo Huaixuan raised his eyebrows, obviously not believing it: "Oh?"

"Think about it. In addition to the Ye family who are alone in the court, there is another person whose position is unclear. Then who is that person?"

Although it was a matter of the past life and they were separated for a long time, both of them had memories of each other. Mo Huaixuan thought for a moment and then blurted out: "Marquis Zhenyuan."