Chapter 20 Transition

Fengxi Palace.

Express Mu twisted a string of purple jade beads in her hand and murmured Amitabha.

Compared with Concubine Lan's delicate and charming appearance, her appearance is much duller. She is in her early thirties and some wrinkles can already be seen at the corners of her eyes. Her brows are gentle, like a Bodhisattva who shows compassion for the world. But in this harem, there has never been a truly compassionate person.

"Chen'er has been very concerned about You'er recently."

Gu Chen just took a sip of tea and said, "I'm just trying my best. When Imperial Concubine Li was alive, she treated Imperial Mother like a biological sister. Now that she is gone, this child will take care of her little Fifth for her."

The Empress frowned slightly and said, "In that case, why did you lie at the Mid-Autumn Festival banquet that day? You knew who the person who pushed You'er into Mufang River is but you deliberately concealed it. Could it be that you wanted to protect the criminal?"

"My Imperial Mother really knows everything."

Empress Mu closed her eyes slightly, turned the Buddhist beads in her hand and said, "I am the mistress of the harem. How can I be unclear about the things under my nose?"

Gu Chen put down the tea cup in his hand and said: "I dare to ask my Imperial Mother, what is the benefit in exposing this matter? Although Imperial Father will deal with Gu Xian, he has always doted on the Third child so he will inevitably feel distressed afterwards. When he gets angry, it is little Fifth who will suffer. Why not use this incident to let little Fifth get into his Imperial Father's eyes? As long as his Imperial Father starts to pay attention to him, he will not be bullied in the future. Isn't this the best strategy?"

"He has fallen into His Majesty's eyes but what about you? Chen'er, you and your Imperial Father don't have a deep relationship to begin with. This move is tantamount to pushing your Imperial Father out. His Majesty used to dote on the Third child so people in the palace always made irresponsible remarks, saying that His Majesty intended to abolish your Crown Prince position. Now there is another You'er. Your position as Crown Prince is actually in name only. Even if you don't feel aggrieved, your mother will feel aggrieved on your behalf." After saying this, her eyes were already red.

Gu Chen was silent for a moment then said, "Imperial Mother, you can rest assured. This son is determined and no one can take it away."

After leaving Fengxi Palace, it was getting late.

Gu Chen walked into the dark night. At some point, he found a dark brown scroll in his hand. He carefully put it into his sleeve and asked, "How is he today?"

Someone in the shadows replied in a low voice: "The Young Master used to hate taking medicine but now that the cook named Yao has made sugar cubes, he doesn't hate it anymore. He even met Yao Zhen in person. From the feedback of my subordinates, the Young Master seemed to like that cook."

Gu Chen nodded slightly.

Although he didn't like Yao Zhen occupying too much weight in Song Li's heart, but considering the sincerity that the cook had shown towards A-Li in his previous life, he could still tolerate him staying in the Ye Mansion.

He lifted his steps and headed towards the East Palace.

In fact, he does not intend to let Ye Chonghui enter the palace. He also knows that the Ye family is reluctant to let A-Jin go and deliberately made things difficult for Ye Yanbai. It is just to remind that old fox that the so-called impartiality is just a dream. In this Imperial City, everyone has to choose a big tree to enjoy the shade. If Ye Yanbai is smart enough, he should know which tree is suitable for him.

========

Prime Minister Ye hid from Gu Chen for half a month but when he saw the beginning of September, he could no longer hide.