Chapter 24 Medicine

Ye Chonghui's little idea is actually very simple. Children are afraid of ghost stories. If A-Jin was frightened, crawled into his arms, and called "brother" twice with tears in his eyes, even if he was punished by his father, it would be worth asking him to kneel in the ancestral hall for two days.

He collected a number of ghosts and strange stories from Old Man Li who sold miscellaneous books. According to Old Man Li, this story was the scariest and it could also be understood by children. Ye Chonghui wanted to be safe in everything, so he tested it with a few classmates from Tai'an Academy in advance. Those teenagers were quite frightened. His A-Jin was only three years old so no matter how smart he is, it is impossible not to be scared.

But he didn't expect that something went wrong in the last step. Before this story was half-way through, the little child next to him was already breathing evenly. He leaned closer and listened, it was just like a kitten snoring. Ye Chongjin was stunned and called tentatively: "A-Jin, are you asleep?"

After waiting for a moment and receiving no answer, Ye Chonghui held his forehead in frustration. As expected, his brother had a body that was invulnerable to all poisons. But in the end, he squeezed into A-Jin's bed and was able to sleep with his brother so that was half the success.

========

The next day, Ye Chongjin was awakened by the sound of wind and snow hitting the doors and windows. The capital city ushered in a rare snowstorm in fifty years. In just one night, the ground had already accumulated thick snow. Under a layer of snowflakes, Ye Chonghui opened the window a small crack and was checking the situation outside.

Looking back, he saw that his brother had woken up and a big smile broke out on his face.

"A-Jin, you slept well last night. It rained outside. It's snowing so heavily but luckily you have your brother holding you while you sleep otherwise A-Jin would have been frozen. "

Ye Chongjin couldn't help but rolled his eyes. His parents were afraid that he would catch a cold. The floor heating in this house had been provided long ago. There were several heaters inside and outside the house. No matter how heavy the wind or snow was, he was not afraid. How is it all credited to Ye Chonghui?

Ye Chongjin shook his little feet like steamed buns and said: "Why isn't grandma here yet?"

Ye Chonghui said: "You usually sleep until mid-day and it's not past mid-day. The girl on duty last night hasn't woken up yet. Maybe grandma is sleeping too. A-Jin, would you like to sleep a little longer?"

Ye Chongjin shook his head. It was difficult for him to fall asleep again after he woke up so he reached out and lifted the quilt. Ye Chonghui knew that he was about to get up so he sat on the bedside, held his little feet and put on shoes and socks for him.

He is also a child himself and his daily life is taken care of by his servants, so naturally he is not very good at serving others. Ye Chongjin's two socks were worn crookedly and he finally put on the red silk Yingluo tiger-toe shoes. He saw that there was no problem but Ye Chongjin felt very uncomfortable.

He kicked his feet and said, "It's crooked. It's uncomfortable."

Seeing Ye Chonghui's expression of embarrassment, Ye Chongjin snorted and put it on again. Ye Chonghui looked on and said in surprise: "A-Jin is really awesome and can do anything."

Ye Chongjin felt inexplicably proud because of his words. He shook his head, jumped out of bed and opened the window. Ye Chonghui didn't have time to stop him. As soon as the wooden bolt was removed, the carved wooden window seemed to have been damaged. Gravity pushed it and hit the wall hard with a bang.

Then a strong wind mixed with snowflakes rolled into the house. The sound of the wind sounded a bit sad. Ye Chongjin was so small that he was blown back several steps by the wind. Ye Chonghui saw it and hurried over to help him. The younger brother was held by him in his arms, worried that the child would be blown away by the wind.