Chapter 9 Greedy and Bad Things

Kangshou Yuan has a separate small kitchen. Old Master Ye mainly eats light food on weekdays. Only when the two children come over to eat, he will add some greasy meat food. When Ye Chongjin walked into the kitchen, a plate of pork ribs with garlic sauce just came out of the pan. The aroma wafts to the outside of the yard.

Ye Chongjin looked straight at the plate of dishes and said nothing but the helpers in the kitchen saw the desire in his eyes.

The chef wiped the sweat from his forehead and said, "How about Young Master try it first?"

As soon as he finished speaking, the porcelain doll-like child's eyes suddenly lit up, almost blinding them.

So the cook took out his usual small silver bowl, filled half a bowl of white rice and put it on an orchid porcelain white plate.

Ye Chongjin sat on a small stool and ate half a plate of sauced pork ribs.

He is much quieter than ordinary children and he is very attentive when eating. He doesn't realize there are oil stains on his lips. He just hangs his little head while eating. With his delicate face, he looks indescribably well-behaved and cute. The hearts of the uncles and aunts in the kitchen melted and they wished they could take this baby home.

Ye Chongjin had a large portion of rice. After finishing half the plate, he was still not full. He took the handkerchief, wiped his greasy mouth and said in a sweet voice: "Master, can you make ice bowls?"

The chef was a little embarrassed and said: "Yes, yes but Young Master, Manager Liu told me earlier that the root cause of your illness has not been cured and you need to be treated. You cannot eat food with a cold nature. If the Master and Madam knows, I will be the one who deserve to be punished."

Ye Chongjin frowned and said in an extremely innocent tone: "But A-Jin doesn't want to eat it by himself. My brother is learning the rules in the front yard. The weather is very hot and his clothes is soaked with sweat. A-Jin wants to bring some for his brother to cool down."

If Ye Chonghui heard these words, he would be moved to tears. Even the rough guy, the chef, was deeply moved, thinking that this is not a child on earth but a fairy child in heaven. He's well-behaved, sensible, and most importantly... very cute.

Who would suspect that a three-year-old child was playing tricks. The chef immediately agreed and said: "Young Master, please wait, I will prepare it now."

Ye Chongjin was secretly proud, thinking that Ye Chonghui would be of some use at this time.

It only takes a cup of tea to prepare an ice bowl. The prime minister's office has a quota of ice cubes every summer but Ye Chongjin has never used it. Even during the hottest time, he didn't have any in his courtyard. It was not that Ye Yanbai was reluctant to let go of the ice basin to cool off the heat but that the little ancestor often has headaches and fever so he was really afraid of the trouble.

Ye Chongjin returned to the front yard with a cheated ice bowl but did not go to find Ye Chonghui. Instead, he hid in the old man's bedroom. He was sure that there would be no one at this time. After eating, he felt his stomach and went to the front hall. Find his brother.

Ye Chonghui suspiciously looked at his lips that were redder than usual and said, "Where did A-Jin go just now? Did he eat something secretly?"

Ye Chongjin glared at him but it was rare that he didn't refute.

On the other side, Lu Lin said goodbye to the old man and met Ye Yanbai when he went out. He exchanged a few words and talked about parenting skills, both of which were very touching. The two people had many differences in political opinions but unexpectedly they loved their children. There are many common topics.

Ye Yanbai said: "I will take A-Jin to visit the Marquis's house another day."

"Then I will be waiting in the house. I will take my leave today. Farewell Prime Minister Ye."

After the other left, Ye Yanbai finally thought about it. Come on, Lu Lin is just a young boy who has not yet reached his prime. How can he educate children better than him. It is really unbelievable.

========

At lunch, Ye Chongjin couldn't work up his appetite in front of the food on the table. The old man was extremely surprised. This child didn't need to be fed during the weekdays because he felt that grandma An's actions were tame and not as neat as his own. But today he couldn't eat a single bite. What's the matter?

Ye Chonghui asked: "Did you really eat something secretly?"

Ye Chongjin leaned on the table and said softly: "I have a headache."

The old man stretched out his hand to touch his forehead and was suddenly startled. He said: "It's not good, he feel a little hot. Old Liu, please go to Miaochun Hall to ask for Dr. Li."

Manager Liu didn't dare to delay. He hurriedly went to ask for the doctor and he went to the main room to ask for the master and his wife.

It was rare for Ye Yanbai and his wife to have a meal alone. Before they could say a few words about the boudoir, they heard that their youngest son had a fever. They were frightened out of their wits and hurried to Kangshou Yuan.

Several elders gathered around the bed, waiting for the doctor. Madam An held her son in her arms, holding back her tears with great difficulty. Her eyes were red and she kept saying: "My dearest, you have been fine for the past six months, why are you not well and got sick again?"

Ye Yanbai wanted to comfort her but didn't know how to speak.

Ye Chongjin coughed twice and said hoarsely: "It's my own fault. I secretly ate the ice bowl made in the kitchen. It was made by the chef for my brother. I couldn't hold it back for a moment." He felt nauseated and wanted to vomit again.

Ye Chonghui handed over the spittoon and patted his back carefully.

When he was young, he was unwilling to accept his parents' preference for his younger brother. Later, his father gave him a spoonful of A-Jin's medicinal soup. He can still recall the bitter taste. He recalled that his younger brother had been with this taste every day since he was born and all the unwillingness fell away and turned into pity and admiration.

The boy had a childish face, clenched his fists and said, "It would be great if I could substitute for A-Jin."

Ye Chongjin gargled his mouth and spat it out, saying, "Don't say stupid things."

Ye Chonghui didn't care about being scolded by his younger brother. He took out the brocade handkerchief from his sleeve and silently wiped the water drops from his lips.

Doctor Li arrived in a hurry. At such an old age, he was dragged along by the Ye Mansion's servants and almost lost half of his life.

He took a breath and didn't have time to greet anyone before he felt the patient's pulse first. After a while, he said: "This is caused by eating raw and cold food. The residual poison in the young master's body has been eliminated but the foundation has been damaged after all. The food he eats must be especially cautious and can't be careless."

Before he finished speaking, the atmosphere in the room suddenly became stagnant. Old Master Ye suddenly slapped the table and said in a deep voice: "Doctor Li, what did you mean when you said that the residual poison has been eliminated? When did my grandson get poisoned?"

Doctor Li was about to speak but was stopped by Ye Yanbai.

His face was also ugly and he advised: "Father, A-Jin's illness is urgent, not to mention the children are here. It is inconvenient to say these words."

Doctor Li knew that his mouth did something bad so he hurriedly wrote down the prescription, gave some instructions on how to take it and left in a hurry.

At the end of summer, Ye Chongjin laid in bed, listening to the roaring coming from outside the house and the faint sound of Madam An's crying. The old man has read the books of sages all his life and is a person who pays great attention to self-cultivation. It seems that he is really angry this time.

In fact, the poison in his body was brought from his mother's womb and the person who poisoned him was none other than Prime Minister Ye himself.