Chapter 35 Panlong Jade Pendant

Back at Funing Yuan, a servant had already prepared breakfast. Ye Chongjin drank the decoction under the care of grandma An. Xia He picked up his usual small carved silver bowl and filled it with sweet porridge. The porridge was handed to the child's hand and she whispered: "Master, be careful as it is hot."

Ye Chongjin took the sweet porridge but did not move the spoon for a long time. Two door gods stood beside him, staring at him with meaningful eyes. He fears he would not be able to eat it.

He pursed his lips and asked flatteringly: "Your Highness, Brother, have you had breakfast? Do you want to sit down and eat together?"

Gu Chen pulled up the round stool to his left and sat down, taking the silver bowl in the child's hand. He picked up the white jade porcelain spoon and stirred it gently for a few times, then curled his lips and said: "Gu had already eaten before gu came here, but when gu saw A-Jin, gu became hungry again so we might as well eat together."

Then he scooped up a spoonful of sweet porridge, blew gently twice and put it to the child's lips.

Just as Ye Chongjin was about to open his mouth, Ye Chonghui had already stretched out his hand to block the spoonful and said sarcastically: "Your Highness, the Crown Prince may have misunderstood. My brother has dysentery and doesn't like to share the same set of bowl and chopsticks with others. Why don't you let the girls prepare another set of bowl and chopsticks and let A-Jin eat by himself?"

Gu Chen said calmly: "How come gu doesn't know that A-Jin has celiac disease? Not to mention that at the previous Mid-Autumn Festival dinner, gu fed A-Jin a whole meal? Doesn't Young Master Ye normally buy a lot of food for A-Jin? Could it be that A-Jin's cleanliness syndrome is just for gu?"

Ye Chonghui said: "It didn't exist at that time, but it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist now. At A- Jin's age, it is not impossible for any change in temperament to occur."

The two of them argued for a while and they refused to let the child take a bite. Ye Chongjin looked at the bowl of porridge eagerly and belatedly discovered that His Royal Highness, the Crown Prince and his brother were clearly taking advantage of the opportunity to retaliate against him.

It is said that these two people are the most intelligent people in the world. There are no civil or military officials in the dynasty who would not praise the young talents when they see them, but they were played with by a little child. It is inevitable that they will be embarrassed so they made up their minds to teach this lying child a lesson.

Ye Chongjin was so hungry that he didn't want the bowl of sweet porridge anymore. When they weren't paying attention, he stretched out his little paw to steal a piece of steamed bun from the dinner plate and stuffed it into his mouth without saying a word. His move shocked everyone. Gu Chen quickly put down the porridge bowl and went to pour him water.

Ye Chonghui also served him another bowl of hot sweet porridge and said with a smile, "Eat slowly so you don't choke. No one will compete with you."

"..."

The little child chewed hard without even looking at him. This is the first time in his life that he has eaten these hard steamed buns and it was all because of these two bad guys.

Families like theirs inevitably have some symptoms of wealth. Because the food they eat needs to be refined, the rice used to cook porridge is grounded before being put into the pot. If things go on like this, digestion will inevitably be difficult. Later on, there is the habit of placing some coarse grains on the dining table but whether it is eaten or not is still a matter of debate.