Chapter 41 Lotus Pond

The summer breeze blew gently, bringing a hint of coolness into the room. With the arrival of the two brothers from the Ye family, the atmosphere became lively again.

Ye Chonghui bowed briefly and said: "Chonghui has met his Grandfather, Mother, Uncle and Aunt."

The old Master has always been strict with his eldest grandson. At this time, in front of distant relatives, he would have to ask a few words: "Why did you come so late? How unbecoming it is for your uncle and his family to wait here for so long."

Ye Chonghui's expression remained unchanged and he replied: "Replying to Grandfather, because several senior brothers from the Academy were guests in grandson's yard and they were in the mood for poetry. It's grandson's fault that I wasted my time and kept the elders waiting for a long time. I hope my Grandfather and Uncle and Aunt will forgive me."

When he said this, his behaviour was dignified and respectful and his expression was calm, as if he meant what he said. In fact, only Ye Chongjin rolled his eyes secretly. His brother was used to telling lies with his eyes open.

Although this nephew is young, he has a noble and cold temperament that cannot be ignored. Ye Mingkun is said hurriedly: "Nephew Chonghui words are extreme. It is normal for peers to exchange poems and forget the time for a while so don't worry about it."

The old Master then nodded and said: "Since you know your mistake, you have to correct it." As he said this, he held Ye Chongjin's little hand, narrowed his eyes with a smile and said: "Learn more from our A-Jin. At a young age, he knows etiquette and knows right from wrong. Everyone should praise him when he see him."

Ye Chongjin blinked. If he remembered correctly, he should have come in with his brother just now. Ye Chonghui was in the wrong but he became a polite child. However, no one here noticed the bias in the old man's words. Even Ye Chonghui looked convinced.

The corner of the boy's mouth twitched slightly and in a blink of an eye he put on a reserved look. He climbed up on the seat and rubbed the old man's back and shoulders. He said coquettishly: "Where is A-Jin sensible? This is all due to Grandpa's good teaching."

"You are so clever, you are always good at making people happy." Having said that, the old man's eyes were full of smiles. He turned back to Ye Mingkun and said: "You are weak and have been tired from traveling for days. Please take your wife and children back to the house to rest first. Earlier, your cousin had prepared a courtyard to stay in. It's in the West Courtyard. It has a nice view and is quiet. It's perfect for you and Yunzhe to study and write. Let Manager Liu lead you there."

Ye Mingkun cupped his hands and said, "Then nephew will take his leave first and thank Wenhan in person later."

Ye Ruoyao and Ye Yunzhe also bowed quickly and exited the door together.

After the family went out, the old man patted the back of the child's hand and said with a smile: "Okay, if A-Jin is tired, grandpa will feel distressed."

Ye Chongjin muttered: "Why is A-Jin so delicate? A-Jin is not a girl."

Talking about this matter, Madam An also smiled and said: "In recent days, A-Jin's health has indeed improved a lot. Thanks to the pills sent by His Highness, the Crown Prince. I heard that they were prescribed by the Imperial Physician in the Palace for the Empress Dowager's health. Our A-Jin has benefited from the Empress Dowager and is deeply blessed."

After she said this, old Master Ye didn't react much but Ye Chonghui showed an unhappy look on his face and said: "Mother, His Highness, the Crown Prince and the Ye family are not relatives and we are not friends. I am afraid that it will not be good for us to accept his kindness repeatedly. If word spreads, I'm afraid it will make it difficult for Father."