Chapter 85 Perseverance

The Ministry of War, Shangshu Mansion.

Mo Huaixuan returned to the mansion and heard that his servants had come to report that the old lady had invited him. He closed his eyes and walked towards his mother's yard.

An oil lamp was lit in the room. Madam Qin was sitting under the lamp, sewing a blue coat with needle and thread in her hand.

Mo Huaixuan sat down next to her and said, "Mom, just ask your servants to do these trivial chores. The light is not bright and it is easy to hurt your eyes."

Madam Qin shook her head gently, and continued to sew carefully, saying: "There are always things that others do that are not to your liking. Mother will do it herself. If you really feel sorry for Mother, marry a daughter-in-law as soon as possible. She will naturally be the one to do it and your mother can rest assured."

Mo Huaixuan was silent and did not answer.

Madam Qin lowered her eyebrows and asked softly, "You can't let go of King Xiaoyao in your heart?"

"It's not that I can't let go, it's that I don't want to let go at all. Ever since the first time I saw His Highness in the Imperial Garden many years ago, I have been deeply in love with him. Over the years I have patiently waited for him to grow up, waited for him to understand, and my love has already been deeply rooted." Mo Huaixuan said: "This child will rely on Mother for everything else, but only in this matter, please forgive me for being unfilial."

Madam Qin said, "You have admired him for many years, but what does King Xiaoyao think of you?"

Mo Huaixuan's face froze. Today in the palace, Gu You's resistance is still vivid. He tasted a bitter taste in his mouth, probably the retribution from his previous life had arrived.

"Mom, I heard that you had another yard of maple trees planted."

Mo Huaixuan responded quietly.

Madam Qin grasped the slender needle and guided the fine thread through the eye. She said: "There are some things that you think your Mother doesn't understand, but in fact you don't understand it yourself. When you were still in the Duke's Mansion, you planted a garden full of maple trees, thinking that King Xiaoyao likes maple leaves. But according to Mother, he doesn't seem to like them very much. That time when you were drinking tea in the forest, Mother happened to pass by, and I saw that the ants in the tree holes attracted his interest more than the maple trees."

Mo Huaixuan was speechless.

"Xuan'er, your hard work may be useful to others, but King Xiaoyao is naive by nature. He can't see your painstaking efforts, and maybe he doesn't care. You are already twenty now. If you have the patience to wait until thirty, can you really get what you want?"

Mo Huaixuan said, "Even if it doesn't come true, I'm willing to wait."

"What if he gets married and has children?"

"He won't." Mo Huaixuan lowered his eyes in pain, and murmured in a low voice: "He won't. You'er, he likes me in his heart. I know..."

Madam Qin had never seen her son look so sad before. She quickly threw away the unfinished clothes in her hand and gently stroked his back. Her eyes were slightly moist, and she said: "Okay, okay, Mother won't force you. The Duke's mansion is gone, and your father has also been sent to a desolate land. We, the two of us, can escape this disaster and live a good life in the future. Mother doesn't have extravagant hopes for anything else."

=======

After dinner, Ye Chongjin walked the big cat in the yard. The white tiger ate more and more, always making noises and could not sleep unless he used up all the excess energy.