Chapter 94 Everyone is drunk even if they are not drunk

Very soon it was noon and lunch time had arrived.

A line of servants came to the garden in a polite manner and invited all the distinguished guests to take their seats. The noble ladies who came here today was originally here for King Xiaoyao. Seeing that he was not around at this time, they didn't bother to appreciate any flowers and plants, and they simply went to have a meal.

An Lingwei asked: "A-Jin, do you want to wait for the Prince to come back?"

Ye Chongjin shook his head, "No, we probably won't be able to wait. You might as well go to have a meal first. When the time comes, he will naturally show up."

An Lingwei knew what was appropriate. It was not her turn to inquire about King Xiaoyao, so she didn't ask any more questions. She bid farewell to her cousin and returned to the girls.

The people who had previously ridiculed her all came over again. They made friendly gestures and surrounded her asking questions. They just asked about King Xiaoyao's character, whether he was cold or warm to others, how easy he was to get along with, and how courageous he was. Some asked her about the eldest son of the Ye family.

The eldest son of the Prime Minister's family is not yet married. This matter is not only a concern for Madam An, but also for many girls in the boudoir in the capital. Some girls even said that if Ye Hengzhi does not marry a wife, they will never marry.

An Lingwei dealt with them one by one, saying that she didn't know clearly.

When she was about to leave the pavilion, she looked back and saw that the young man who had been standing in the pavilion had disappeared.

=======

Princess Sheng has always had unique ideas. Today's banquet is not held indoors, but in Wanfang Garden, accompanied by the singing of birds and the fragrance of flowers. The colours are vibrant, and the sound of spring water is tinkling in the ears. Behind the gold-painted screen, the sound of silk and bamboo orchestral music lingers. There is something special about dining here.

As the hostess, Princess Sheng assumed the main seat. Madam An, who was very close to her, sat on her left, and on her right was Madam Luo, and then several wives of high-ranking officials.

Princess Sheng asked Madam An: "Younger Sister, the girl you brought today is your niece?"

Madam An said: "She is my Eldest Brother's daughter, her name is Lingwei. This girl is well-behaved and smart, but she has a straightforward temper. If she accidentally gets into any trouble, I hope you will..."

Princess Sheng took her hand and smiled: "Good Sister, what are you talking about? I just heard people report that there were so many beautiful girls in the garden just now and King Xiaoyao spoke a few words to your niece only, that's why I ask this question."

"Elder Sister what did King Xiaoyao say to my niece?"

Princess Sheng said: "It's hard to say, I still need to verify with You'er. I have to say, in my opinion, your niece's appearance and character are considered to be among the best in the capital. It would be great if You'er could like her. It doesn't matter if her family background is a little worse. After all, she has you as her Aunt to help her."

Madam An's mood is a little complicated. She naturally appreciates her niece's appearance and selfishly wants to leave her to her son. However, if her niece marries into the palace, the An family can get rid of this predicament, which is indeed the best.

She nodded and responded: "It just depends on whether she is lucky."

Princess Sheng smiled and said: "That Miss An, it seems she is lucky."