Chapter 58 Treasure

Ye Chongjin glanced at the handkerchief and said: "This handkerchief... looks familiar."

The smile on Gu Chen's lips suddenly froze. He handed the handkerchief to the child and said: "Please take a closer look."

Ye Chongjin wondered secretly, maybe there is some article inside this handkerchief. He rubbed it carefully with his fingertips and said curiously: "This material is somewhat like the cloud satin produced in Jiangnan which is very similar to what is commonly used in my family."

There are several boxes of handkerchiefs used in his room. White, light green, bright yellow, with patterns, without patterns, with embroidered characters, and without embroidered characters. Many of them are given to others casually and even more are lost accidentally. How can one remember where they went one by one?

Seeing his expression of not remembering at all, Gu Chen took a deep breath, folded the handkerchief and carefully put it back into his sleeve.

That day at the Duke's Mansion of Yue, A-Jin gave An Lingwei a personal handkerchief which made him jealous and he even shamelessly snatched the girl's belongings. However it turned out that the child didn't take it seriously at all. After giving the handkerchief, he turned around and forgot about it. Whereas he was so fussy about it which made him look childish and ridiculous – don't mention it, don't mention it.

He coughed lightly, looked into the distance and said, "Look at the beautiful scenery of the peach forest, why don't A-Jin accompany me for a walk."

Ye Chongjin refused to let go of this. He frowned and thought about it and suddenly remembered that day in the room, Xia He held the clothes he had just changed and asked him.

"Little Master, where is the handkerchief you brought out today? Why don't I see it?"

"It was given to Cousin Lingwei. She cried at the Duke's Mansion today so I gave her the handkerchief to wipe her tears."

That day, Gu Chen and his brother teamed up to bully the little girl to tears. He seemed to have lent her a light green brocade handkerchief.

The child's black eyes suddenly brightened up. He grabbed Gu Chen's sleeve with one hand and reached inside with the other hand to search randomly. It was a matter of face for His Highness, the Crown Prince. How could Gu Chen allow him to act recklessly? He quickly grabbed the two rebellious little paws and threatened him: "If you act foolishly again, I will throw you into the pool."

It's strange that he has such courage. Ye Chongjin was confident, smiled and said: "I remembered. This handkerchief was given to Cousin Lingwei earlier, how did it end up in the hands of Brother Prince?"

At this point, he raised his delicate eyebrows and asked in a very innocent tone: "Could it be that she was robbed?"

Gu Chen choked, straightened his face and said, "Gu picked it up."

Ye Chongjin lowered his eyes slightly and pursed his lips but he didn't expose him. It's best for this person to save face and it's not good to make him anxious.

There was a coolness in the late summer breeze. In the red lacquered wood corridor, there sat a child carved in pink and jade, with his head lowered and his lips pursed with a naughty smile. Next to him stood a young man in black clothes. There was a hint of embarrassment in his eyes but the corners of his lips couldn't help but curve slightly and the affection could not be concealed.

Not far away, a monk with white hair and beard looked on quietly and recited "amitabha" in a low voice.

Behind him was a scholar in plain clothes with a smile as warm as the spring breeze and a little envy in his eyes. He said with emotion: "The relationship between these brothers is really good. If my brother has one ten thousandth of the friendship of these brothers, I won't need to bother Master Kongchen for so long. After all Jinguang Temple is a quiet place for Buddhism. I have been living here for a long time. I am sorry to trouble you."