Chapter 25 Taught bad

At the Duke of Yue's Mansion, a brown-black carriage slowly stopped in front of the side door. The driver called out, "Sir, here we are". The blue curtain opened. Mo Huaixuan jumped out of the carriage and went straight to the side courtyard.

He met many maids and servants along the way. Although the greetings to him were not as careful as to Mo Huaian, it was still a bit respectful.

Although this Young Master, who was born to a concubine, was not favoured in the family, he was quite capable outside. First he was admitted to Tai'an Academy which earned him a lot of face for the Duke's Mansion. Then he became the Crown Prince's study companion and he was also close to the Fifth Prince. The Fifth Prince was brought to the Emperor's notice and is winning the favour of the Emperor thanks to the Young Master's kindness of saving his life. He will be a success in the future.

His success made his mother's life easier.

His mother, Qin, is the concubine of the Duke of Yue. She was very beautiful and also a famous dancer in the capital at that time. She fascinated many princes, ministers, and young masters with her exotic dance. The Duke of Yue was fascinated after seeing her once and tried every means to get her into the house. He loved her very much for a few years. Later, when he got a new person, he forgot about the old one.

Lady Qin has a peaceful temperament and did not feel any resentment. It was better to be a concubine for a wealthy family than to live out in the world. If she had not been favoured by the Duke of Yue, after her fame and beauty faded, she would have been like those girls in Qin Lou and Chu Hall, dealing in skin and flesh business every day.

In comparison, it is naturally more worthwhile to live simply in this back house

But being a concubine also has its disadvantages. For example, the children she gives birth to will be inferior to others at birth. The distinction between legitimate sons and sons of concubines in Daegu is not as serious as in the previous dynasty and outsiders will not look down on it. But only legitimate sons can inherit the family business and the sons of concubines can only work their way up.

Mo Huaixuan opened the door and his mother was making tea.

Lady Qin is a typical soft and delicate beauty. She wears a white brocade blouse and silk skirt. She has some calculations in her heart. Anyone who is able show her face in front of the Duke will definitely win a few days of favour. This is also her ability to gain a foothold in this back house.

"Xuan'er is back, come over and try the tea made by mother."

Mo Huaixuan sat down obediently, took a sip and said, "It's a little astringent at first but when the tea enters your throat, it becomes a little sweet again. The fragrance stays between your lips and teeth. This tea is excellent."

Lady Qin nodded and said with a smile: "This tea is Pagoda Mountain Tea. One tael is worth a thousand gold, how can it be bad?"

Mo Huaixuan frowned slightly and said, "I don't know who gave this to you?"

"Your Father sent it to me. After all these years, luckily he still remembers that I like tea." Lady Qin lowered her eyelashes, calmly poured a cup of tea, and said with lips parted, "Do you know what your Father means by this?"

Mo Huaixuan put down the cup in his hand and said, "My Brother is working in front of the Third Prince now. My Father wants this son to help him deal with the Crown Prince." The last few words were spoken very clearly.

Lady Qin did not comment but raised her eyes slightly and asked: "Xuan'er, you have been following the Crown Prince for half a year. How do you think the Crown Prince compares to His Highness, the Third Prince? "