Chapter 53 Called Dashamao (Big Silly Cat)

An Lingwei is only ten years old this year and she is a girl raised in a boudoir. First she was frightened then she was sprayed with tea in the face. Her carefully combed was all wet. She had never been wronged like this. She flattened her mouth and burst into tears. It was so miserable.

In the quiet courtyard, only the girl's cries could be heard. One sound drowning out other noises. A few grey finches on the old locust tree fluttered their wings and fled away.

Ye Chonghui had never seen such a battle before. He wiped the tea from his lips and looked at a loss.

"Cousin, please don't cry first..."

He tried to comfort her but his tone was still cold. When An Lingwei heard this, her cry became louder.

Gu Chen frowned slightly. He was already displeased. An Lingwei's crying made him even more annoyed. He scolded in a deep voice: "Shut up."

The girl suddenly stopped crying and raised her eyes to look at his face covered with dark clouds. She only paused for a few breaths then started crying again. She looked like she had suffered a great injustice and would not give up until she died of crying.

Although Gu Chen was impatient, he also knew that he was at fault first. It was not easy to get angry at a little girl so he had to hold his forehead and endure it.

Ye Chongjin covered his mouth and snickered. His Royal Highness, who had always been lofty in spirit, and the impeccable Young Master Hengzhi. The two most powerful figures in the Daegu Dynasty in the future were helpless with a little girl at this moment. This scene was really interesting.

Just as he wanted to watch the excitement for a while, his sleeve was gently pulled by someone. His brother was giving him a wink.

The child snorted softly but in the end it was still up to him to take action.

He took out a light green brocade handkerchief from his sleeve. Because he didn't like the smell of incense, grandma An usually only used mint leaves to slightly infuse it. When one gets closer and smells it, there was a vague smell of fresh vegetation which was inexplicably soothing.

An Lingwei smelled a pleasant mint fragrance at the tip of her nose. She raised her head, and looked into a pair of bright black eyes through her tear-filled eyes. Those eyes were as delicate and beautiful as black agate. She was so distracted that she gradually stopped crying.

A folded square handkerchief was handed to her. It was a lighter green colour than the green grass in spring. Like a green bamboo forest covered with mist or like a clear spring flowing in a mountain stream. It was full of vitality; beautiful and natural, just like the child in front of her.

An Lingwei unconsciously reached out and took it.

The child said: "This is to wipe my Cousin's tears. A-Jin apologizes to you on behalf of my Brother. He didn't mean it."

An Lingwei clenched the handkerchief tightly but was reluctant to use it to wipe her face. She sobbed and said, "No, it doesn't matter."

After receiving a glare from Gu Chen, Ye Chongjin said again: "His Royal Highness did not mean it either so Cousin also forgives him, okay?"

A ten-year-old girl from an official's family is different from the daughter of an ordinary family. Although she is afraid of big caterpillars and ghosts and she also cries endlessly because she is wronged but she has a balance in her heart. She knows who she can afford to offend and who she cannot afford to offend.

Although the cousins ​​​​of the Ye family have higher family status, they are relatives after all. Since she has an aunt who loves her, it doesn't hurt to be a little bit arrogant.