Chapter 29 Scheming

Ye Chongjin was shocked and woke up instantly. With his head shrouded in sleep, thinking that he was still living in the previous life, he directly called that person's name.

Their eyes connected, and that person's black eyes were just like his previous life, deep and the brilliance is restrained. Only those who have experienced his power know how much murderous intent is hidden in these calm eyes.

At this moment, Ye Chongjin couldn't tell the difference between the Gu Chen in his previous life and the eight-year-old boy in front of him. No wonder his father was so afraid of Gu Chen. No matter how young a ferocious beast is, it still has its beastliness and the ability to kill people.

Gu Chen came closer and asked, "What did A-Jin call me just now?"

Ye Chongjin's eyes showed a trace of panic. He tugged on the quilt with his fingers and said softly: "A-Jin doesn't remember."

He looked very panicked and extremely frightened. The frightened kitten was so lovable that Gu Chen immediately softened his heart. He stroked him and coaxed softly: "Tell the truth, who told A-Jin gu's name?"

This may sound harmless at first but in fact, it conceals life-threatening intentions. If he said that it was the elders in the family who told him, the Ye family would be charged with disrespect for talking about the Crown Prince behind his back. The Crown Prince's name was not something that subjects could mention casually. However, he had been raised in the back courtyard since he was a child and had no chance to contact outsiders, so he could not find anyone else to use as excuses.

He simply acted like a rogue and said innocently: "A-Jin doesn't know the name of His Highness, the Crown Prince. He was probably talking nonsense in his dream and His Highness, the Crown Prince misunderstood."

Gu Chen knew that he was a clever guy, but he didn't expect that he would lie with his eyes open. He actually laughed angrily and said, "It's okay if you don't want to tell me. There's no need to make up lies to deceive me. After all, I won't be willing to punish you."

In fact, he didn't care who called him by his name. It was just for people to call. What he cared about was the familiar tone that A-Jin called him when he first woke up which made him feel an indescribable feeling in his heart, as if...as if his A-Li was back.

The little eunuch whom he picked up in the corner of the harem, the beauty of Daegu dynasty who had been with him day and night for more than ten years, was probably the only person in the world who could call him by his first name.

Even after so many years, as long as he closed his eyes, he could recall Song Li lowering his eyes and smiling, saying to him: "Gu Chen, if you want to be a good Emperor, you must review the memorial in person and you can't be lazy."

It was agreed that he would listen to everything A-Li said and he would sit in front of the imperial memorials for most of the night.

When he came back from the harem, he pulled A-Li to ask for a kiss but he was pushed away. A-Li said with an angry look on his face: "Gu Chen, the smell of powder on your body is very unpleasant."

Although he was rejected, he still felt extremely happy in his heart. From then on, he never set foot in the harem again nor did he look elsewhere. The former harem complained that the Emperor was bewitched by goblins but he just turned a deaf ear.

Later, Song Li said: "Gu Chen, if you want me, there will be no one else."

This was natural. A-Li occupied his heart and left no room for others, leaving both of them with no way out.

But in the end, he still lost that person.

Gu Chen raised the child's face and looked into those pure black eyes, trying to find any trace of the past, but could only read helplessness and panic in his eyes. Song Li had lived in the deep palace for a long time and he was the best at hiding his true emotions. The person in front of him is obviously still an immature child.