Chapter 99 Exchange

Ye Chongjin fell into a familiar, warm embrace, and everything in front of him became illusory. It seems so imaginary that it seems unreal.

"Gu Chen..." he whispered.

"I'm here."

Ye Chongjin opened his lips. He wanted to ask how he died in his previous life and how Daegu perished. He wanted to ask why he didn't keep his promise and why he killed innocent people indiscriminately and made the people miserable.

But when the words came to his lips, they turned into: "When did you come?"

"It's been a while."

Ye Chongjin lowered his eyes and sighed softly, saying: "In my previous life, before I entered the palace, a fortune teller once read my face for me. He said that my facial features had a male-female appearance, and that my life was as thin as paper. He also said that... the evil between my brows would bring disaster and bloodshed to the people around me. It was for this reason that my family chose to sell me into the palace."

Gu Chen frowned and said: "That's nonsense."

"Originally, I didn't believe in fate." Ye Chongjin said sadly: "Because the only person around me is you, and you are the Emperor. How can a little evil star like me be able to harm the real dragon Emperor, but in the end..."

Gu Chen moved his lips and kissed his forehead: "If it weren't for A-Li, zhen would have died by the assassin's sword long ago. You are zhen's lucky star, zhen's salvation is not some evil star."

Ye Chongjin curled his lips, but he did not ask the question in his heart.

In fact, he should have expected those past events. If he dies, Gu Chen will not survive alone, but he will definitely not be willing to let the murderer go. Even if he dies, he will assemble a group of people to serve as sacrifices for him. That's what this man is like.

He just didn't want to think about it.

Because he selfishly hopes that Gu Chen can live well. Even without Song Li, he is still the Emperor on earth, sitting on thousands of miles of land, and can continue to be the wilful, arrogant, and unscrupulous Emperor.

Gu Chen picked up a strand of soft fine black hair from his shoulder. He put it to the tip of his nose and sniffed it, saying: "Actually, zhen knew that one day you would know all this. You know zhen's nature better than anyone else, but zhen doesn't regret it. A-Li, losing you is like a sword leaving its sheath. Zhen will never give up until zhen sees blood."

"Are you threatening me?"

Gu Chen chuckled and said, "Because A-Li seems to need a little threat before he is willing to face his heart honestly."

The two looked at each other for a long time. Ye Chongjin snorted, leaned into his arms, and muttered in a low voice: "How stupid, do you really think that I care about the lives of others..."

Gu Chen was stunned and asked: "A-Li, what do you mean by this?"

Ye Chongjin said angrily: "It doesn't mean anything."

Gu Chen suddenly showed a bright smile, leaned into his ear and whispered: "A-Li, A-Li... are you afraid that zhen will die?"

Ye Chongjin reached out and covered his mouth: "You are really annoying."

Gu Chen laughed softly and kissed the palm of his hand. Ye Chongjin's ears turned red and he looked away from him.

Gu Chen stretched out his long arms and took this slender, young body into his arms. The warm and fragrant soft jade was in his arms, and he couldn't think of anything else. He just wanted to embrace the one he loves like this. He felt the body temperature coming from the young man, feeling his fragile but steady heartbeat.

======

It wasn't until lunch that Ye Chongjin remembered Lu Ziyan who had been thrown out, and asked, "What happened to Ziyan?"