Chapter 83 First meeting

The carriage fell into silence for the first time, and the two men looked at each other, feeling a little embarrassed.

After a long time, Mo Huaixuan said: "There is something I don't know whether to say or not."

Gu Chen put down the cup and closed his eyes. He sneered: "Zifeng, why bother pretending? Just say what you want."

Mo Huaixuan thought about it for a while before speaking: "If you think about it carefully, Your Majesty has actually taken advantage of him. Just imagine, His Highness, the Sixth Prince is the same age as Ye Chongjin, and their birthdays are only one month apart. If he had occupied the body of His Highness, the Sixth Prince, what would be the situation now? Putting aside Your Majesty's determination, for Master Song alone, it would have been a difficult situation."

Gu Chen still closed his eyes and let out a soft hum from deep in his throat.

It's not just a difficulty, it's an insurmountable chasm.

Mo Huaixuan continued: "Now even God is blessing Your Majesty. Master Song was born into the Ye family. It not only broke Ye Hengzhi's thoughts, but also cut off Master Song's own delusions. Isn't it killing two birds with one stone?"

Gu Chen was originally convinced but as he listened, he suddenly realized something was wrong and asked, "What do you mean by A-Li's delusion?"

Mo Huaixuan pretended to be hesitant and said, "Didn't Your Majesty realize that Master Song was very concerned about Ye Hengzhi in his previous life and treated him very differently from others?"

Gu Chen finally opened his eyes and a pair of deep black pupils looked straight at Mo Huaixuan. Gritting his teeth until it hurt, "Speak clearly."

"Your Majesty should know that every year in March, when the catkins are flying, a literary and ink poetry gathering will be held by Mingyue Lake. Most of the literati and students in the capital city will participate, and even some very famous old gentlemen will show up on this day. In the previous life, the late Emperor passed away early, and Ye Hengzhi had not yet become an official, and was still a student in plain clothes, so he also participated."

"What does this have to do with A-Li?"

Mo Huaixuan said: "There was a poetry meeting one year, which seemed to be the first year of Huan Yuan. It was Ye Hengzhi who composed a poem in seven steps and wrote a poem that was praised all over the world. Although I was good at playing with power, I could not compare with him in learning. At that time, I still ranked second. I was bored and glanced at the audience. Unexpectedly I happened to see Master Song standing in the crowd."

Gu Chen's fists under his sleeves were clenched tightly, but his face didn't show any signs of it, "So what? A-Li always likes to join in the fun, or maybe he just happened to pass by."

"Of course. It's just that Master Song's appearance is so outstanding that it is difficult for people to ignore him. I unconsciously took another look at him, but at that time he was focused on Ye Hengzhi who was writing on the stage. The look in his eyes, how should I describe it..."

He paused for a moment, deliberately exaggerating, and said: "Your Majesty also knows that Master Song has always been arrogant and does not put anyone in his eyes. It seems that everything in his eyes is contemptible, but suddenly he shows such a longing look. I thought I recognised the wrong person."

Gu Chen interrupted him coldly: "That's enough."

Seeing his gloomy face, Mo Huaixuan's blocked breath was relieved, and he stopped with a chuckle.

Gu Chen pursed his thin lips tightly and uttered a faint sentence: "You'er has reached the age to marry a concubine."

Mo Huaixuan choked.