Chapter 56 Fear of Buddha

It turns out that after the Ye brothers returned home that day, the Duke's wife, Madam Shangguan, fainted from crying in the mourning hall and was then sent to the back courtyard to rest.

Everyone in the capital knew that the Duke's wife doted on her eldest son. Now that a white-haired person is sending off a black-haired person, she was naturally in great pain. It was not surprising that she reacted this way.

The Duke of Yue hated her for not being able to teach his son well. His good legitimate son was turned into an ignorant waste by her. Now he is gone. Thinking of the other bloodlines that have been lost at the hands of the Shangguan family over the years, he is even more angry and had a bad look on his face. He ordered his servants to send his wife to the back courtyard and ignored her.

When it was time for the funeral, the coffin was carried out of the Duke's Mansion and the funeral procession lined up straight to the city gate. Suddenly, a woman in white rushed out from the side door with a ferocious face and messy hair. Several girls and women were chasing after her but couldn't keep up with her.

This woman is none other than the mistress of the Duke's Mansion, Madam Shangguan.

The servants recognized that this was the lady of the house and did not dare to stop her. Madam Shangguan grabbed Mo Huaixuan by the collar, her eyes were blood red and she roared: "It was you who harmed my An'er, you are such an evil hindrance! The bastard born from the bitch dares to try to compete with my An'er for family property. I should have eliminated you and that woman together! It's all over! It's all my fault. If I had done it earlier, my An'er won't die either!"

Her expression didn't have the restraint that a noble lady should have, as if she was a ghost.

The fifteen or sixteen-year-old boy frowned slightly. He held his aunt's wrist and whispered: "Mother, you are tired. Let the servants help you go back to the house to rest."

Madam Shangguan didn't know where she got the strength from and pressed Mo Mo Huaixuan against the coffin. Her face was filled with a gloomy and lifeless look, like an evil ghost asking for his life. She growled: "Evil hindrance, can you hear it? My An'er is calling you. He is calling you to pay for his life, you evildoer. You are to go the underworld and work as a cow or horse to make amends for my An'er!"

As she spoke, ten slender fingers were tightly clasped around Mo Huaixuan's neck. Like strands of vines wrapped around a thin green plant tightly, her fingers tightened and the boy's fair face turned red quickly and no sound could come out of his throat.

This incident happened so quickly and everyone present today was a high-ranking person. The servants in the mansion rushed forward to save the person. The Madam of the Duke of Yue's Mansion has always been regarded as a respectable person. Moreover, the Shangguan family has a noble status and the support of the royal family. Who would dare to use force on her hence she couldn't be pulled away for a while.

However, the Duke of Yue was not polite. He stepped forward and pulled Madam Shangguan away, throwing her directly to the ground with his fists tightly clenched. On the day of his legitimate son's funeral, this crazy woman actually did such a shameful thing. What will happen to the Duke's Mansion in the future? How can he gain a foothold in the capital and how could he establish himself in the court?

He suppressed his anger, turned around and yelled at the servants: "You bunch of drunkards, why don't you send this lady back to the house? Are you going to wait until the Second Young Master is killed before you take action?!"

The servants were obedient and asked Madam Shangguan to go back to the house.

Madam Shangguan was helped up by someone. She looked embarrassed and her eyes were dull. Suddenly, a crazy color burst out from her eyes. She pointed her sharp nails at the Duke of Yue and shouted sternly: "It turns out...it turns out that you are in the same group. My An'er was killed by you and that bitch together! Mo Lurong, you are not a human, you are a beast, something worse than a beast!"