Chapter 115 Peeling off the cocoon

Empress Dowager Mu came here just to deliver ginseng soup and to advise the Emperor to pay attention to the dragon body and not to overwork. It was a surprise to see Ye Chongjin.

But she also knew in her heart that her son was determined to be with the Ye family's child.

After all, it was a piece of meat that fell out of her stomach. Empress Dowager Mu knew something about this young Emperor. This child has been very persistent since he was young. Once it is engraved in his heart, it will be difficult to erase it.

Besides, she doesn't hate the child of the Ye family, she even vaguely likes him.

People who have lived in deep palaces for a long time will always have a better impression of clean and harmless children.

Now that she is older, she occasionally thinks of the past and her good sister, the concubine Lu Wanyan, who once dominated the harem and monopolized the Emperor's heart. She was a simple, clean, and good girl, but she died in her hands in the end.

She has done quite a lot of bad things in her life, but this is the first time she has blood on her hands, so she will inevitably remember it in her heart.

Sometimes, she dreams about Wanyan. The girl is still the young girl she once was, innocent and charming. Sometimes she calls her elder sister with a bright smile, and sometimes she cries and asks her why, feeling sad and resentful.

There is no reason why, it's just to survive.

But she would also feel uneasy in her heart, so when she saw the equally innocent Young Master of the Ye family, she could not help but feel soft, as if being nice to him would make up for something.

======

After the Empress Dowager left, Gu Chen ordered people to prepare the meal. He turned to ask the young man in his arms, "Can A-Jin still eat?"

Ye Chongjin nodded.

Gu Chen couldn't help laughing, and rubbed his round belly. He chuckled: "A-Jin's belly is like a bottomless pit, and it can't be filled."

Ye Chongjin glanced at him sideways, and thought about it carefully. He really eats too much these days. He innocently asked: "When you weigh me, do I feel a lot heavier?"

Gu Chen held him in his arms and weighed him. He couldn't help but smile. Naturally, he was too heavy. A-Jin was just growing up, and he was seeing his head growing upwards. Even if he didn't grow flesh, how could he not grow bones?

He nodded towards the youth.

Ye Chongjin's face stiffened. He had always placed too much emphasis on appearance and was worried that he would not look good if he gained weight. He discussed with the man: "Then, eat less for dinner?"

Gu Chen laughed and said, "Wouldn't it be better not to eat at all?"

"..."

Although what he said was reasonable, it was really uncomfortable to be hungry. He nuzzled into the man's arms, acting like a cat.

Gu Chen stroked his head, his heart softened into a puddle, and said with a smile: "I was just joking with A-Jin. How can I bear to make you hungry?"

While he was talking, dinner was already served. These are all the dishes that Ye Chongjin praised, and there are also some new dishes.

The man waved away the palace servants who came forward to serve them, and served the young man himself. He said, "This Four-Xi Pearl Duck dish is newly developed by the imperial kitchen. I tasted it and it tastes good. You can try it."

Ye Chongjin opened his mouth and swallowed. Pearl duck has a unique production method that removes all the duck bones and keeps the duck shape intact. For this Four-Xi Pearl Duck, marinade is first stuffed into the duck belly and steamed, then cooked. The flavor of the sauce is completely penetrated into the duck meat. The taste is fresh and tender.