Chapter 13 Reluctant to part

Ye Chongjin calmed down and felt that he was overthinking.

These snacks are often made in the imperial kitchen and Gu Chen occasionally uses some himself so it is not strange to give them to his ministers.

What's more, even if Gu Chen really has memories of his past life, he won't know that he is Song Li, so why should he scare himself first. The reason why this person treats him special now is just because he has the blood of the Ye family and is Prime Minister Ye's beloved child. Otherwise, with Gu Chen's temperament, how could he take the initiative to hug a three-year-old child.

Gu Chen has several younger brothers. The youngest Seventh Prince is only two years old now. He followed Gu Chen in his previous life. It is very clear that he dislikes those slugs. Not to mention hugging them, he would not even touch them.

Prime Minister Ye saw that his son's face was pale and he gritted his teeth. Thinking that he had already been exposed of deceiving the Emperor, how could it be so difficult to deceive the Crown Prince.

He stepped forward and said: "Your Highness, my A-Jin has been weak since he was a child. He has been drinking decoction and medicine every day since he was born. Looking at the time, today's medicine should be taken. Look at this..."

This is to let Gu Chen let go. Humanely speaking, no matter how powerful His Royal Highness is, he can't still prevent other people's children from taking medicine.

Gu Chen lowered his eyes and looked at the child's slightly pale face, raised his eyebrows slightly and said, "Really?" This question was addressed to Ye Chongjin.

When Ye Chongjin heard his father helping him out, he quickly nodded in agreement and said, "A-Jin wants to take medicine."

Gu Chen smiled. He has placed many spies in the Prime Minister's Mansion. He knows exactly what time the second son of the Ye family takes medicine every day, what kind of medicine he uses, and the amount. He remembered that A-Li was very honest and well-behaved when he was a child but he didn't expect that he would be raised as a cunning boy in Ye Mansion.

Seeing his raised lips, Ye Chongjin was horrified but he heard Gu Chen say calmly: "In that case, bring the medicine over so you can take it."

As soon as he finished speaking, the white and tender face of the little child in his arms wrinkled up, as if he was suffering from pain. Feeling extremely wronged, he turned around and glared at his unreliable father. Prime Minister Ye did not dare to look at him, thinking that it was not Father's fault.

Knowing that he was unreliable, Ye Chongjin clenched his small fists, grabbed the lapel of Gu Chen's clothes, and begged: "A-Jin doesn't want to drink medicine..." Grandma had just fed him not long ago. What kind of medicine should he drink at this time!

Gu Chen lowered his eyelashes lightly, hid the smile in his eyes and wrapped his hand with his. The little fist was as soft and tender as a freshly baked bun. If no one else was around at this time, he would have really wanted to bite it. One mouthful.

"Just now, you said you wanted to drink and then you say you don't want to drink. Could it be that A-Jin is just looking to make fun of someone?"

Ye Chongjin's heart trembled. He flattened his mouth, wanting to cry twice to relieve the embarrassment in front of him but the emotion had been brewing for a long time and he couldn't cry. Come on, being too stubborn is also a sin.

Seeing the annoyed look on his face, Gu Chen raised his lips slightly and said, "It's alright, I see that A-Jin's complexion is not bad so it doesn't hurt to drink less."

Ye Chongjin wiped away the non-existent tears with his fist and said in a glutinous tone: "Thank you, Your Highness."

The child in his arms was crying, his voice trembling, he rubbed his eyes with his little flour-like fists and pursed his lips slightly. It makes people want to hold him in his arms and coax him. He was reluctant to let him suffer even the slightest injustice. If Song Li in his previous life was like a petite flower held in the palm of his hand with every ray of fragrance carrying the taste of careful carving, the child in front of him was like unpolished jade, pure and flawless, full of energy.