Chapter 120 Warm Spring

Ye Chongjin took time to visit the injured scholar. The man had a broken right arm and lost a lot of blood. He is really lucky to be alive.

The maid placed a stool next to the bed. Ye Chongjin sat down, rolled up his sleeves, and asked, "Your name is Shen Ming? Do you know who I am?"

The scholar glanced at him and shook his head.

Ye Chongjin said: "The white tiger that bit you was raised by me."

Seeing the strange look on Shen Ming's face, Ye Chongjin slowly explained: "When that tiger first came to my courtyard, it was only half a year old. I raised it. In eight years, it has never hurt anyone during this period. Sometimes when it encounters a slightly fierce puppy, it will turn around and run away in fright. Therefore, I think it is strange that it will bite you. Can you tell me what happened that day?"

"The situation that day..."

Shen Ming knew that he had made many mistakes, so he said vaguely: "Actually, Shen can't remember clearly what happened that day. I only vaguely remember walking on the street, not knowing where I came from. A ferocious white tiger appeared, and then the pain in my arm was unbearable, and then, when I woke up, I was already in the house."

This kind of rhetoric is really watertight.

When asked about anything else, he just said he didn't remember. After a person suffers a serious injury, it is indeed possible to subconsciously avoid that memory and deliberately forget it, which is blameless.

Ye Chongjin comforted him: "My Father, Mother, and Brother are very good people. The Prime Minister's office cannot escape the blame for this. If I can help you, just tell me. Whether it's your future or a small amount of money, my Ye family will do our best to make up for it, but your arm is beyond help."

"Young Master, your words are serious. During the period of recuperation in the Prime Minister's Mansion, everyone in the mansion was very caring. Shen really took advantage of it. If I can stay in the mansion and find a job, Shen is even more grateful."

Ye Chongjin said: "This matter is not urgent. We will discuss it after your injury recovers."

After saying this, before Shen Ming could speak, he stood up. He stood with his hands behind his back and said, "You rest well, I'll come visit you another day."

Ye Chongjin walked out of the yard and asked Ye San: "Can someone verify the details of this person?"

Ye San said: "Back to the Second Young Master, according to Shen Ming, his hometown is in a remote place in Jizhou. The Eldest Young Master sent people to the village yesterday, but the journey is far away and it is impossible to find out the truth in a short period of time."

Ye Chongjin frowned and said, "Send people to keep a close eye on this person. There is something fishy about this person."

" Yes."

Ye Chongjin asked again: "Where is His Majesty?"

Ye Sandao said: "He should be in Mo Yuan at this time, playing chess with the Eldest Young Master."

Ye Chongjin became interested. Gu Chen's chess skills were superb, and his brother was not bad either. The two of them playing chess should be something to watch.

He curled his lips and went to Mo Yuan.

In Mo Yuan, Ye Chongjin stepped onto the stone steps. The two men were sitting in the pavilion, playing chess face-to-face.

Gu Chen was dressed in black clothes, while his brother was in white clothes. They each held black and white, and their two pairs of black eyes were filled with murderous intent. It was indeed quite interesting to watch.