Chapter 104 The Oiran

Ye Chongjin was sent back to the Prime Minister's Mansion before dinner.

Madam An took her son and asked questions. She wanted to find out what the Empress Dowager meant. Ye Chongjin didn't see the Empress Dowager at all, so how could he know what she meant? So he had no choice but to fool her.

The more vague he was, the more Madam An felt at ease, thinking that the Empress Dowager must be against this marriage. This made her feel a lot more at ease.

A few days later, Lu Ziyan came to the Prime Minister's Mansion to see him.

As soon as he saw Ye Chongjin, he showed a meaningful smile: "Brother Jin, congratulations on your marriage and finding the right husband."

Ye Chongjin looked at him and said, "If you came here to ask for a beating, I will help you."

Lu Ziyan snorted: "Fight if you want. After all, you have the support of the Emperor, so I can only bear it."

"..."

Ye Chongjin was stunned and asked him with a smile: "What do you mean by being so arrogant? The last time you said such treacherous words, His Majesty did not punish you severely. He just sent you back to the Marquis Mansion. What else are you dissatisfied with?"

Lu Ziyan muttered: "Although there is no severe punishment, I was still very scared."

He sat next to Ye Chongjin, and took the tea from his hand. He drank it, and said: "When did A-Jin and His Majesty get together?"

Ye Chongjin poured another cup of tea and took a sip.

He smiled and said: "Really counting, it's only been in the past two months. It's just that the status is very different. I actually didn't have any hope. Now, it's an unexpected surprise."

Lu Ziyan nodded clearly, but there was some worry in his heart. Because in history, Emperor Huan Yuan never established an Empress, but only cared about a eunuch. He was worried that if that person appeared in the future, and the Emperor changed his mind, then A-Jin would be pitiful.

He asked hesitantly: "Do you still remember what I said to you last time?"

Ye Chongjin asked: "You are talking about the prophecy of the old Taoist priest?"

Lu Ziyan nodded and said, "Some things, it is better to believe that they are true than to believe that they are not. If you really like the Emperor and are willing to give up your freedom for him and step into the palace gate, then you must live a happy life to be worthy of what you have lost."

Ye Chongjin looked at him and felt that at this moment, Lu Ziyan didn't look as heartless as usual. Instead, he looked a bit reliable.

He smiled and responded: "Of course I will listen to Ziyan's words."

He was wearing a light purple thin shirt, with a white face, red lips like roses stained with morning dew, and a pair of bright eyes. The boy had just grown up, and his grace was already incomparable.

Lu Ziyan couldn't help but sigh, "Yes, if he falls in love with a beauty like you, there is no possibility of escape." Perhaps, history is not irreversible.

Ye Chongjin laughed. Lu Ziyan always spoke exaggeratedly, so he didn't take it seriously and ordered some refreshments.

Lu Ziyan asked: "Are you satisfied with the birthday gift I prepared for you last time?"

Ye Chongjin said: "Of course I am satisfied, but it seems a bit too expensive. I will have to put more thought into your birthday next time."

"That's exactly for the sake of this." Lu Ziyan laughed: "You try to save trouble every time. Although those antique calligraphy and paintings are valuable, I am embarrassed to sell them. If I keep them at home, I feel they are of little use, which is really annoying."