Chapter 27 Staying Overnight

Since it was snowing and the sky was very dark, Gu Chen actually avoided the boy in the yard, and brought the person out smoothly. Unexpectedly, as soon as they left Funing Yuan, they saw grandma An and her group from a distance. Xia He was carrying a rosewood lunch box in her hand, most probably coming to deliver soup and dinner to the child.

In fact, it wasn't a bad idea to go out and explain the reason at this moment, but the stolen little treasure was so interesting that Gu Chen couldn't let go of it for a while.

He turned around and quickly hid behind the rockery. The night was getting darker and he was wearing black clothes again. Grandma An and the other girls kept their heads down and hurried on, not noticing the movement here.

Sensing the movement of the little thing in his arms, he opened up his fox fur cloak. The little child was looking up at him with his little head raised, his eyes covered with a layer of mist, and his expression fierce. He said with a serious expression: "If my parents find out, they won't spare you."

Gu Chen raised his lips and said, "Okay, I'll wait."

Ye Chongjin was so angry that he couldn't speak. Although he knew that Gu Chen had always been wilful and likes to follow his own whim in everything, he didn't expect that he would dare to come to the Prime Minister's Mansion to steal a child when he himself was still half a child.

His Father was not a vegetarian. If he was in a hurry, he could file an Imperial complaint. If things got serious, he would not be deprived of his position as the Crown Prince, but he would have to suffer some hardships.

Seeing the child sulking with a stern face, Gu Chen kissed him on the cheek, then covered him with his cloak and flashed into the night.

========

Snowflakes were falling, and there was a luxuriously decorated carriage parked in front of the Prime Minister's Mansion, with golden bells hanging from the four corners. It was a carefully carved style. The thick gold-embroidered satin curtains blocked the wind outside the carriage. Four tall snowy horses in golden harnesses looks very eye-catching from a distance.

The little child carved in pink and jade was put into the carriage. Gu Chen said: "I know you are rich and valuable, so I borrowed the carriage from my Imperial Mother. You will like it."

There was an exquisite glass lampshade in the carriage. Ye Chongjin used the candlelight to look around. It was obvious that the carriage the Empress rides in was not comparable to that of an ordinary official's. It was gorgeously decorated and exuded the majesty of Fengyi. However, he had lived in the palace for a long time in his previous life and did not find it novel. Instead, there were two items placed under the low table. An exquisite heater. The heat is very comfortable.

He had always been afraid of the cold so he unconsciously leaned against the stove and muttered, "You lied to me."

The Imperial Carriage had already arrived, how could his parents not be alarmed? He might have just said his greetings before he went to the yard to pick people up.

Gu Chen raised his eyebrows slightly and said, "When did I lie to you?"

Ye Chongjin choked and thought about it carefully and found that this person did not say a word about stealing people. It was all him scaring himself. The child's cheeks turned red, he snorted softly and sat in the corner silently.

Gu Chen pulled the little child to his side and asked, "A-Jin, do you know what day it is today?"

Ye Chongjin thought for a while and said, "On the twenty-sixth day of the twelfth lunar month, there are four days left until New Year's Eve."