Chapter 45 Birthday Ceremony

In the blink of an eye, it was July 28th and it was Ye Chongjin's seventh birthday.

Early that morning, he woke up in a daze and put on a red ruyi gown. Several girls in the room smiled and said a few auspicious words. Ye Chongjin said that there were prepared brocade bags of broken silver on the table for everyone. Grandma An distributed the silver brocade bags hoping to please everyone.

The child stretched and complained: "It's so early, the bird in the cage hasn't woken yet, but I, the birthday boy, have to get up early."

Grandma An smiled and said: "It is only once a year, please be patient little Master. The old Master sent someone to deliver a set of Daishan Jade inkstones as a birthday gift early in the morning. The Master asked him for it several times before, but old Master was reluctant to give it to him. It can be seen how much he loves our little Master."

Ye Chongjin was naturally happy and said: "Then go to Kangshou Yuan first and say thank you to Grandpa."

Xia He was combing Ye Chongjin's hair. Hearing this, she smiled and said, "It's a pity that such a good inkstone was given to our little Master. I'm afraid it would be a waste of resources."

She was laughing at Ye Chongjin's inability to write calligraphy well. All the girls in the room covered their mouths and laughed.

Ye Yanbai and his wife had always felt sorry for this sweetheart and had been reluctant to let their youngest son enter school. At the beginning of this year, when they couldn't delay any further, the couple took turns teaching him how to read and write a few words. The child was diligent and practiced with pen and ink from time to time. In other people's homes, the elders would be very happy. But in this Prime Minister's house, the whole family of young and old would take turns to dissuade him. They all told lies with their eyes open, saying: "A-Jin's calligraphy is already very good, there is no need to practice anymore."

After all, it is because they are afraid that he would be tired.

Grandma An frowned and poked Xia He's forehead with her finger. She said: "You girl, my little Master is always spoiling you and you are getting bolder and bolder. Even the old Master doesn't say that little Master's writing is bad yet you still dare to make fun of him. If you dare to talk nonsense again, watch your skin carefully."

Xia He knew that she was scaring her, so she shrank her neck and begged, "Nanny, you wrongly blamed Xia He. Xia He was motivating the Young Master not making fun of him."

Ye Chongjin murmured, "Just make fun of me. Now, I can't get my handwriting right. After a while, I will show you what it means to be a scholar. You will look at me with admiration!"

His calligraphy in his previous life was passable but as soon as his handwriting is exposed, the last layer of veil would be lifted. His calligraphy was taught by Gu Chen, so it was inevitable that there would be traces of that person. Others would not be able to recognize it but Gu Chen can tell at a glance.

It is easy to change handwriting, but it is extremely difficult to correct some small writing habits. He now treats himself as an illiterate child, abandoning the experience of his previous life and truly learning from scratch which will inevitably be difficult. But given time, he will succeed.

Grandma An smiled when she heard this and praised: "This is exactly the reason. The blood of the Ye family flows in the Young Master's body so it is naturally the destiny of Wenquxing. Even if the words are not good enough, it is because he is still young. Sooner or later he will be able to write as well as the Eldest Young Master so this rare gift from the old Master will not be wasted."