Chapter 62 Orphan from the previous dynasty

In the Funing Yuan, Gu Chen was leaning on an old locust tree. The child was sitting on the stone bench next to him, holding a box of snacks in his arms, taking small bites.

The sunlight penetrated through the gaps in the leaves and climbed onto the child's smooth and flawless face. The light and shadow were mottled and the fine light made the delicate face even more extraordinary. Gu Chen was distracted for a moment.

In his previous life, A-Li was actually very greedy but very few people knew about it.

Some people in this world love money, some are fond of sex, some are greedy for power, and of course some are greedy for food and drink. But in the palace, this little hobby is tantamount to a fatal weakness. Once it gets involved with food, there are too many things that can be done and it is impossible to guard against it.

No one wants to die in an unknown situation, especially Song Li. He has always restrained his greed and in the end, he developed an obsession.

Gu Chen stretched out his hand and ran his slender fingertips across the corners of the child's lips. He picked up a little bit of crumb and put it directly into his mouth in front of the child. He squinted and said with a smile, "It's sweet."

Ye Chongjin suddenly blushed and turned around with the food box in hand, ignoring the stinky bandit. Gu Chen asked behind him: "Are you satisfied with this Jade Rabbit Cake?"

The child looked at the snack in his hand.

The small round dumplings did not look like rabbits so he asked: "It's okay but why is it called Jade Rabbit Cake?"

He was born in the year of the rabbit therefore his family never eats rabbits. Sometimes when hunting, he would release injured rabbits when he saw them so when he heard the word "jade rabbit", he couldn't help but ask.

Gu Chen raised his lips and picked up a piece of snow-white soft pastry from the food box. He put it under his nose and sniffed it gently. He did not take it down and said: "This name was chosen by gu. Doesn't A-Jin think that this pastry is white and soft and it looks like A-Jin's little fist?"

Ye Chongjin was startled, knowing that he was making fun of himself. He snorted lightly and started eating with care. But as he was eating, he unconsciously glanced at his little fist. Comparing it with the snack in his hand, at first glance, it did look a bit similar.

Gu Chen couldn't help laughing when he looked at his appearance. He pinched the child's little hand and put it into his mouth, saying, "Let's try it."

Ye Chongjin looked at him nervously, fearing that the lunatic was really going to bite him. Gu Chen pinched the soft little dumpling and he couldn't bear to take a bite. He put it to his lips and kissed it very tenderly then praised: "It's sweet, soft and glutinous and tastes very good."

The child's already fragile heart thudded. It was beating wildly which made him upset and a little at a loss.

Gu Chen stopped while he was ahead and let go then watched him eat snacks intently. After the box reached the bottom, he asked: "That kid from the Lu family, doesn't he come here very often recently?"

Ye Chongjin looked at him, "Don't you know everything about my courtyard, why are you asking me?"

Gu Chen said: "For a long time, gu has only listened to things related to A-Jin. Gu have not bothered to pay attention to other people or other things. Moreover, A-Jin doesn't like it. Gu has ordered people to withdraw the secret line. No one will pry into your private affairs in the future."

Gu Chen disdains lying about this kind of thing. Ye Chongjin was reluctantly satisfied and replied: "Ziyan is losing his teeth recently. His uncle was afraid that he would come over and steal food so he locked him up at home."