Chapter 69 Three years later

Three years later, the capital is as prosperous as ever.

In the spring of March, catkins are flying all over the sky. The Mingyue Lake is still bustling with literati and students coming and going in an endless stream but Wangyue Tower is no longer as famous as it once was.

Several half-grown teenagers walked out of the study, all of whom were thirteen or fourteen years old. They were wearing Confucian clothes and holding several books in their arms. Passing by Wangyue Tower, one of them said: "This teahouse looks so quiet, why not go in and have a sip of tea?"

Another person said: "The Zhenwei Tower next to it is better."

The man hesitated and said: "Zhenwei Tower... this name sounds a bit vulgar, not as elegant and charming as the word 'Wangyue'."

Several others laughed at him and said: "Brother Liu, you have just come to the capital so you don't know very well. In the past few years, Wangyue Tower was indeed full of guests and most of them are elegant and graceful people. However, since the opening of Zhenwei Tower, it has been much worse than before. After all, in a place like a restaurant or teahouse, delicious food is the most important thing."

"After tasting tea from Zhenwei Tower, the rough tea from Wangyue Tower is simply unpalatable, let alone other kinds of delicacies and pastries. Hey, don't just talk. If it's later, you won't be able to grab a place."

The young man named Liu said: "In that case, I want to give it a try today. If it's not good, I won't let you go lightly."

A few people talked and laughed then entered the building.

The waiter came up to them and asked: "How many distinguished guests have reserved private rooms in advance?"

"None."

"Are there any familiar guests dining here?"

Those people looked at each other and one of them asked: "Could it be that we came late today and there are no empty seats?"

"That's not true, there are seats. It's just that our shopkeeper went back early to accompany his wife and only prepared reserved meals. If one didn't make reservation in advance or there are no familiar friends here then only the regular refreshments are available. Is this alright?"

"The refreshments are also very good. We are not picky." These young men from major families waved their hands and said.

The young man surnamed Liu said: "You don't do business but you go home to accompany your wife. This shopkeeper is a wonderful person."

The boy said: "Isn't that right? Our shopkeeper loves his wife the most. A few years ago, he chased her to Jinzhou, knelt in front of her house for several days before they were moved by him and agreed to let him marry his wife to the capital. Now that the business has grown, he still keeps his wife in the palm of his hand, really like a couple of gods and immortals."

After hearing this, the young men all sighed with emotion: "True love is really precious."

A few people were talking when they all suddenly stopped. They saw a man in white coming down from upstairs. He had a handsome face, a temperament as cold as jade and a pair of cold eyes that showed a sense of alienation and indifference. These people were stunned for a moment and quickly moved away. They felt that standing in the same world with this person was an extremely embarrassing thing. It made people want to sink into the dust.

With a chuckle, a man walked out from behind the man in white. He was a little older with a romantic and uninhibited smile, he said: "Hengzhi, look, do these children look like you? When you were young, you always picked up a few anecdotes from the study and secretly hide it in books to take home. You loved ghosts and strange things the most at that time so you kept many books privately."