Chapter 50 It's all my brother's fault

In the East Palace, Empress Mu went to feed the Crown Prince. Ye Chongjin sat on the stool beside the bed, lowering his head and not daring to look around. Empress Mu occasionally asked him a few words and he answered obediently.

This child looks likeable, speaks softly but is also clear and logical. Even if he doesn't try to please, it's hard to dislike him. What's more, he is still a child of the Ye family. Even if you don't like it, you still have to pretend to like it.

In fact, what Empress Mu hates the most is children. There are six princes in the palace, only one of whom was born to her. The others are the children of her husband and other women but they all called her Empress Mother. What woman would be able to handle it?

No matter how arrogant she is, she still has to look loving on the surface. As an Empress, she must be courteous to the world, modest and generous.

She had to worry about the princes marrying concubines. If any of the princes had a headache, she had to arrive in time. It was her duty to give them some supplements and medicinal materials. If something happened, she would have to bear the responsibility of negligence and she might even be punished. She would be accused of being an Empress who had bad moral character and harmed the dragon heir.

Mu Xianya married Emperor Qingzong at the age of sixteen. From the residence to the harem, from the Crown Prince to the mother of a country. Outsiders see the exterior but in fact she has never lived a comfortable day.

But this child of the Ye family is different. He is not one of the concubines' son. He will not flatter her while cursing her behind her back. Nor will he become a bargaining chip used by the concubine to deal with her. He has a pair of clear, clean eyes. There is no trace of filth. Talking to such a child will make people feel relaxed and comfortable.

She asked: "You said your cousin gave you a little parrot?"

The child sat on a short stool and said seriously: "Little Jili's feathers are blue and green. They will shine in the sun and they are very beautiful. He is just a bit stupid, he can only say good luck and he can't learn other words no matter how much he is taught."

Gu Chen took a sip of the soup and said, "Then if A-Jin lets the little tiger scare it, maybe it will learn how to do it."

Ye Chongjin glared at him angrily: "What if it's scared to death?"

Gu Chen smiled, lowered his head and continued to drink soup.

Empress Mu took Ye Chongjin's soft little hand and said, "That's what parrots are like. If you insist on teaching them, they won't be able to learn it. If they hear a few words you accidentally say, they might remember them. Don't worry."

This was the first time Ye Chongjin heard this and he secretly remembered it in his heart.

Empress Mu added: "Your mother must be a very gentle woman, otherwise she would not have raised a good child like you." Children are like a blank sheet of paper and you can tell how well the family has brought them up by their words and deeds.

The child thought about it seriously and said, "My Mother is usually very gentle but sometimes she gets angry. If A-Jin doesn't take medicine, she will be very angry."

This childish remark made Empress Mu laugh. When she had laughed enough, she said earnestly: "That's another kind of gentleness. You'll understand when you grow up. But growing up may not be a good thing. In my opinion, the Ye family should build a golden house to hide a treasure like you so as not to be contaminated by the dust of the world."

Gu Chen listened on the side and his face turned dark unconsciously. Isn't this what the Ye family is doing? If the Crown Prince hadn't been so thick-skinned, he might not even be able to see the child.