Chapter 65 Gu Xueyi

Ye Ruoyao doesn't have a submissive temper, on the contrary, she is extremely rebellious. Back then, she was stubborn about Zhen Xu not because of deep feelings but because of her family's opposition.

The more they object, the more she tries to do the opposite. She wants outsiders to see that the Ye family which is a century-old scholarly family and is a prominent member of the world, is just an ordinary family. The girls of the Ye family are just ordinary girls. They are not fairies with noble character but they are just commonly mediocre.

This time was different and she really liked that person.

She was born in the Ye family and the people she has seen most since she was a child are scholars. It is said that a gentleman is far away from a cook. Those literati and elegant people all look down on cooks but they may not be able to pick up a spoon or lift a pot. They can't tell the difference between firewood, rice, oil, or salt and can only write some sour poems.

The fragrance of pen and ink can't compare with the aroma of hot rice porridge to make people feel at ease.

Seeing that the night was getting darker, she was feeling tormented in her heart. Suddenly she heard the sound of subtle footsteps, followed by the sound of the door unlocking.

She hurriedly walked to the door and asked cautiously: "Who is outside?"

She heard a soft snort: "Who else could it be but me? It can't be your lover."

The door creaked open and the youth standing in front of the door was Ye Yunzhe. Ye Ruoyao had a sore nose and complained: "Why did you come here? It's almost dawn."

Ye Yunzhe said with a dark face: "If my Mother finds out, she will definitely break my legs. I have already reminded you to confess to Mother. Now you let others speak first. In mother's eyes, it is a shameful affair. She is angry now. No matter how much you try to persuade her, it is useless. You should avoid it first."

"How to avoid it?"

"Hide first. The parents are in a hurry to return to Jinzhou and you cannot confess your affairs to Uncle and Aunt. If they can't find you, I will give them some advice and say that I will stay and look for you. They have no choice but to agree. Wait until they leave the capital then you can come out."

Ye Ruoyao's eyes lit up then she frowned: "But where should I hide so that my parents won't find me?"

Ye Yunzhe thought for a moment and said, "The safest place in the Prime Minister's Mansion should be with Brother A-Jin. No one dares to break into Funing Yuan, let alone our parents, but how to convince him to agree..."

Ye Ruoyao felt relieved when she heard about Funing Yuan. She had always gone there these days and was very familiar with the path. She patted her younger brother on the shoulder, winked and smiled. She said, "I have a way."

"..."

The two siblings locked the door and destroyed the side window of the room, creating the illusion that Ye Ruoyao escaped through the side window.

There is a side door in Funing Yuan which is a passage for servants to come in and out on weekdays. Seeing that she was so familiar with the road, Ye Yunzhe was inevitably suspicious. When Ye Ruoyao took him to the east wing where the servants lived, he immediately figured it out.

He grabbed Ye Ruoyao and walked to the side and asked in a low voice: "Is your sweetheart from this courtyard?"

"I don't have a good relationship with him. He and I are innocent, and..." She said a little shyly: "He still doesn't know that I like him."

Ye Yunzhe was so angry with her. He said angrily: "Your thoughts are so obvious, anyone can see it. He didn't respond for a long time, probably because he didn't want to respond. That's all. Follow me back to the house. Let's go back to Jinzhou together tomorrow and don't make our family worry about you."