Chapter 52 An Lingwei

Gu Chen raised his eyes and looked at the two brothers of the Ye family. He raised the corners of his lips slightly.

Among the group of people surrounding him, someone with good eyesight exclaimed: "The two people over there, are they the two brothers of the Ye family? They are indeed a scholarly family with a century of history. How could an ordinary family raise such a son?"

When he said this, everyone's attention was attracted.

They saw a young man in white standing under the shade of the tree. He had a tall body and a cold expression, like an immortal. He was holding a child in his hand. The child was also wearing plain white clothes with jet-black hair, light pink lips, and a flawless face. Like a delicate ink painting, as bright as spring.

These two people, just standing there, were enough to eclipse the scenery in the garden.

Gu Chen didn't like others staring at the child. This was more unbearable than being offended by others. As soon as he raised his hand, a guard came forward and dispersed the group of people.

He stepped forward and was about to speak when Ye Chonghui stepped in front of his younger brother and said, "I greet His Highness, the Crown Prince."

Gu Chen nodded slightly and said, "Young Master Ye." Then he moved to the side, passed Ye Chonghui and looked at the child behind him. He said with a smile: "A-Jin, you look good in this outfit."

Ye Chongjin's mouth twitched. He was wearing all white for the funeral so he felt embarrassed to be praised over it.

"Brother Prince, thank you." The child said, "I heard from Brother Mo earlier that Brother Prince is ill in bed and can't come today. Why did you come anyway?"

Gu Chen didn't answer and asked, "Is A-Jin worried about gu?"

Before Ye Chongjin had time to speak, Ye Chonghui said coldly: "My Brother is kind-hearted by nature. Even if it is a stranger, when he learns that the other person is sick, he will not hesitate to say a few words of condolences. Your Highness, please don't think too much. On the contrary, you are making things difficult for my Brother."

Gu Chen narrowed his black eyes, this wooden uncle was really annoying.

He squatted in front of the child and said: "Naturally gu can't bear to see A-Jin in trouble. I'm just happy in my heart. As long as I can see A-Jin, I'm satisfied."

The man's eyes were like a deep pool, filled with thick fog that seems to hide all the good and evil in the world. Seeing him like this, Ye Chongjin felt flustered for no reason. He ran out of words so he asked, "Then what happened to your injury?"

Although he asked perfunctorily, he still had some worries. There was a smile in Gu Chen's eyes and he said: "The injury is no longer serious. It's just that A-Jin deceived gu and gu suffered a lot."

The child was startled and asked: "When did I lie to you?"

"Last time in the East Palace, A-Jin said that he would come to see gu in a few days. It has been more than half a month and gu still haven't seen A-Jin. Gu had no choice but to drag my sick body to look for you."

Ye Chongjin knew that there was a mixture of truth and falsehood in his words but it is inevitable that he feels guilty. The situation was urgent last time so it was obviously mostly perfunctory. He, the person who said it, didn't take it to heart but the person who listened firmly remembered it and came to him to ask for an explanation. How could it not be embarrassing?

He said, "If Father doesn't allow it, there's nothing I can do about it."

"So if your Father allows, you will come?"