Chapter 77 That year

After the death of the late Emperor, the Emperor's Palace was moved to Zichen Palace. Wherever the Emperor's ceremonial guard went, the palace people knelt on the ground.

Although the new Emperor is young, his momentum is even greater than that of the previous Emperor. There are tens of thousands of Jinwu Guards in the imperial city, and they only obey the orders of the Emperor. Among them, the Youjinwu Guards were recruited from soldiers who returned from the northern frontier. These people were trained by the new Emperor. His confidants are called "the army of the king of hell" by the common people, and even the king of hell dare not accept them.

Six horses stopped their hooves, and a majestic palace illuminated by purple and gold stood in front of them.

Emperor Huan Yuan got off the dragon chariot, and waved away the palace attendants who came to serve him. He knocked on the gilded carriage window twice, and said: "We're here."

Sitting in the dragon chariot was a handsome young man in white clothes. He raised his eyes, then lowered his eyelashes to cover up the light in his eyes, still sitting where he was.

Gu Chen was not annoyed when he didn't get a response, but asked: "Or maybe A-Jin would rather zhen carry you down?"

Ye Chongjin didn't answer. Just when Gu Chen opened the curtain and was about to take action, he said: "There may be something wrong with what Your Majesty is doing."

"What's wrong?" Gu Chen raised his eyebrows and looked at him quietly.

Ye Chongjin sighed, then looked solemn and said in a deep voice: "It has always been the Emperor's Palace, and concubines in the harem are not allowed to stay overnight. Throughout the ages, anyone who dares to stay in the Imperial Palace is a charming concubine who seduces the Lord, or a vixen who is criticized by hundreds of officials. Now His Majesty allows A-Jin to live here, where will he put A-Jin? And where will he put the Ye family?"

Emperor Huan Yuan looked at his face quietly. Ye Chongjin looked at him without giving in.

After a long time, Gu Chen chuckled and said, "What you said does sound a bit like him."

Ye Chongjin frowned: "I am who I am, not like anyone else."

"Yes, you are you," Gu Chen pinched his chin and said: "Who else in the world dares to preach to zhen except you?"

After that, he said outside: "Go to Yongyang Palace."

Yongyang Palace is on the side of Zichen Palace, not far away. Although it is night, it is still full of splendor and jewels.

Ye Chongjin breathed a sigh of relief and followed him out of the dragon chariot. Several palace lanterns were lit in front of the palace, and the palace maids had already set up the dining table to invite them to sit down.

Gu Chen filled an emerald bowl with white fungus and bird's nest porridge and put it in his hand. He said, "You ate greasy meat earlier. Eat something refreshing before sleeping."

Ye Chongjin took it in his hand, holding a jade-white porcelain spoon. After a few gentle stirs, the bird's nest porridge became thick and soft, which is very appetizing.

He couldn't help but laugh and said: "Dinner was obviously prepared in Yongyang Palace, but you deliberately lied to me."

"Just being prepared."

Gu Chen filled a plate of side dishes and placed it in front of him, saying: "If A-Jin was willing, Zichen Palace had also prepared the same meal, so we would have gone there."