Chapter 97 Old Wounds

Seeing his mother sad, Ye Chongjin was also sad, but if some words are spoken out earlier, the hurt would be reduced.

Returning to the Prime Minister's Mansion, Ye Chonghui was waiting in front of the door. His mother and brother got off the carriage, and they were both silent. He frowned inconspicuously.

He had always been a straightforward person, so he asked directly: "What happened in Ershan today?"

Madam An smiled reluctantly, unable to hide the tired look on her face, and said: "The mountain road was bumpy during this trip and Mother's body is little bit unbearable. It's good to take a rest."

After saying that, she patted the back of Ye Chongjin's hand and returned to her courtyard with the help of her maid.

Ye Chongjin watched her leave, unconsciously showing a worried look.

After entering Funing Yuan, Ye Chonghui dismissed the servants and stood in front of his younger brother. Ye Chongjin was in a daze and didn't notice that there was a wall in front of him, and hit a solid chest.

The young man was stunned for a moment. He rubbed his forehead, and whispered: "I'm sorry, Brother, did it hurt you?"

Ye Chonghui frowned, a little unhappy. Is this still his younger brother? Even if his A-Jin bumps into someone, he should feel confident and blame others for not being soft enough and hurting his delicate body. How can he apologize to others?

He pinched the young man's soft face and asked, "You're listless. Has A-Jin also suffered from the bumpiness?"

Normally, Ye Chongjin would have been annoyed if his brother pinched his face, but he had no time to be angry at this moment.

He slightly lowered his eyelashes and whispered: "Actually, it was A-Jin who made Mother sad today. I contradicted Mother and said some unreasonable words, which made her unhappy."

Ye Chonghui took him into his arms. He said softly: "Mother loves A-Jin the most. If A-Jin comforts Mother, she won't be sad."

"It's useless." Ye Chongjin pursed his lips and said, "This time, it's different from the past."

He had always known that there was a scar in Madam An's heart, which was apology, self-blame, and a deep sense of guilt for her youngest son. Because of this, although he has hated taking medicine since he was a child, but as long as he is in front of his mother, he always drinks it without saying a word. Because once he shows a trace of resistance and pain, it will aggravate the scars in his mother's heart. Now, the old wound was completely torn apart and became dripping with blood again. It's his fault.

Ye Chonghui stroked his younger brother's back and said, "Although I don't know what the misunderstanding is, the person my Mother cares about most is A-Jin. Since A-Jin is worried about Mother, why not convey this feeling to her? Even if it's not for herself, for A-Jin, Mother will cheer up."

Ye Chongjin remained silent in his arms.

"A-Jin is afraid?"

"Brother, A-Jin is Mother's wound. If I appear in front of Mother, it will only make her more sad."

The young man pulled his lips nervously, and a few green bamboo leaves fell in the breeze onto brocade-like black hair.

Ye Chonghui paused.

After a long time, he said: "Since a wound is an inseparable part of the body, if it is forcibly cut out, the blood will not stop flowing and there will be a risk to life. It hurts to touch the wound, but if the wound is not treated, it will only get worse day by day. Long-term pain or short-term pain, which one does A-Jin think is better?"