Chapter 37 Confrontation in the attic

The late Emperor was originally a military general of the previous dynasty. Later, due to the Emperor's incompetence and the control of government affairs by the cunning ministers, the people were in dire straits. He took over and replaced him under the advice of his confidants.

He rebelled against the previous dynasty so he was naturally afraid that others would rebel against him. Therefore he kept using civilian officials after he came to the throne.

Decades have passed and there are many young men in the capital who can recite a few lines of poetry and tell a few allusions. Whenever there is a banquet, there will be no shortage of those literati who show off their talents.

Naturally, there will be no shortage of banquets in the palace. There are countless literati and students in the capital. All they lack is opportunities. Prince Sheng has friends all over the world. In order to support himself, he claimed that he invited Prime Minister Ye. One can imagine how many people will flock to him.

Prince Sheng thought, although I have invited you, I can't control whether you come or not.

Anyone who knows Ye Yanbai knows that this man is aloof and has a strong temper. He rarely interacts with officials in the court. He would definitely not want to come to such an occasion. However, uninformed outsiders went to the mansion with all their strength. If you show your face in front of Prime Minister Ye, you will have more opportunities in the future.

Therefore, there are quite a lot of people in Mozhu Garden today. As long as there is a flower or plant, there will be someone standing in front of the flower or plant reciting a few lines of poetry, saying something about the season, and expressing the depressed mood of frustration.

Gu Chen came out of the inner room feeling upset, not for anything else but because of the four words "asking but not getting" in Mo Huaixuan's sentence.

He was once an emperor, and he was the most respected person. The so-called emperor, there was nothing in the world that he couldn't get and A-Li was naturally his.

But he knew in his heart that A-Li was his but not completely.

Suddenly seeing Princess Ancheng leading a group of ladies towards this side, Gu Chen frowned slightly. This cousin was used to causing trouble so it was better to avoid it early. Before he could turn around, Gu Xueyi had already stepped forward and blocked his way. It turned out that she was coming towards him.

"Xueyi gives her regards to His Royal Highness."

The ladies behind her also expressed their blessings but they were sighing in their hearts. It's rare to see the Crown Prince of the East Palace. It's a pity that he is a child and their makeup is all in vain.

Gu Chen raised his eyebrows and said: "No need for courtesy. It's rare to see my Cousin take the initiative to greet me."

Xueyi didn't care about the ridicule in his words and said: "Reporting to Your Highness, Crown Prince, this Cousin has learned some etiquette from the Empress Dowager recently. Naturally, there must be some changes otherwise she will be just like a stubborn stone." She has always been straightforward when speaking and she had reached the limit of being so long-winded. She said straightforwardly: "I dare to ask His Highness, the Crown Prince what did he do with my white deer."

Gu Chen had already expected that she was here to question him about this matter. He smiled lightly and said, "The white deer has been released into the wild."

His smile was incredible but Gu Xueyi took half a step back. Her cousin, the Crown Prince, usually likes to put on airs, with a young and mature look, and is reluctant to smile easily. At this time, he slightly raised his lips, there was actually some doting in it, which was surprising.