Chapter 78 An Qiming

After Emperor Huan Yuan approved the memorials, he raised his eyes and saw that the young man opposite him had fallen asleep at some point. His slender body was lying on the desk, his sleeping face was peaceful.

The man who had never known what it was to be considerate held his breath unconsciously, as if he was afraid of waking up the sleeping youth. He leaned down and picked up the charming fairy, and walked to the bed with steady steps.

Like a cat, the youth nuzzled in his arms and suddenly uttered a very faint murmur: "Gu Chen..."

The man's resolute face softened countless times in an instant, and he responded softly: "I'm here."

Suddenly, the smile on his face froze, because he saw the young man's thick eyelashes tremble slightly, and a drop of clear tear rolled down the corners of his eyes, slowly falling into his hair.

There was a dull pain in his chest. The always powerful Emperor stood in the empty palace and did not move for a long time. A-Jin called his name and shed tears. It was because he had a nightmare or he had inadvertently hurt this delicate youth, who was like a porcelain doll.

No matter what the reason was, just this scene was enough to make him hurt.

Carefully placing the young man on the soft bed and covering him with a brocade quilt, Gu Chen lay beside the bed, looking at his quiet and graceful sleeping face, and stayed up all night.

At dawn, Ye Chongjin woke up and yawned. He saw Gu Chen lying on the pillow like a large dog, his black pupils filled with bloodshot eyes. He was stunned for a while and then asked: "Are you feeling well?"

Remembering that the two of them were still arguing yesterday, he had to change his tone of respect and said, "Is Your Majesty feeling ill?"

The man looked at his open and closed pink lips, rushed forward and hugged him tightly. He buried his head in Ye Chongjin's neck and he took a deep breath. He asked in a low voice: "A-Jin, A-Jin, are you angry? Are you so angry that you hate me even in your dreams?"

"..."

Ye Chongjin was a little stunned for a long time. He sighed softly, "Even if I was angry at first, I can't get angry anymore when I see you like this. You are like an overbearing beast, suddenly showing an aggrieved attitude and acting coquettishly. Even though I know in my heart that you are a beast, you have already softened my heart."

Gu Chen laughed softly and kissed him on the collarbone, causing Ye Chongjin's face to turn crimson. He then called someone in to change clothes.

Putting on a black dragon robe with five claws embroidered with gold, he sat on the edge of the bed, as if he had something to say. Ye Chongjin blinked and waited for him to speak. Gu Chen looked like he was struggling then said, "Zhen will go to the morning court. A-Jin will have breakfast first and wait for zhen. When zhen comes back, we will go out of the palace."

"Send me back to the Prime Minister's Mansion?"

Gu Chen pinched his cheek and said, "Yes, go back to the Prime Minister's Mansion. Your Father has something difficult to deal with, and zhen won't feel at ease unless it is solved."

Ye Chongjin threatened him: "You kidnapped me yesterday and send me to my door today. Aren't you afraid that my Brother and Father will fight with you?"

Gu Chen said: "Zhen is afraid, so A-Jin has to protect zhen well. Zhen doesn't dare to fight back. Zhen can only let others slaughter zhen."

Ye Chongjin didn't believe his lies, but he was still amused.

=======

Upstairs at Zhenwei Tower, several distinguished guests took their seats. They called the waiter and said: "If there are any new dishes recently, just bring it up with a few jugs of good wine. Bring it quickly."