Unsettling Welcome...

3 HOURS LATER... NEW YORK.

Fury escorted me to the Avengers Compound on the elevator ride up we stood there in silence... My heart was in my throat of just the thought of seeing him again. I wiped my mind of any nerves as the elevator's bell dinged and the doors opened.

"Ah Avengers! Director Stark." he said as if introducing me to everyone. It was 8PM everyone was sitting in the living room. 

"Y/NNNN YOUR BACKKK" Peter yelled as he ran up to me and wrapped his arms around me.. From what I remember before her. Peter and I were quite close until I tried to kill him... whoospie. "Hey spiderboyy" I said embracing him into a hug.

"Wow my adopted son gets a hug before her brother does!" Tony scoffed walking up to me. "Hey kiddo." he added with the biggest smile ever. He gave me a massive hug as he squeezed the living shit out of me. 

After I was greeted by Wanda and Nat who literally winded me. After all the hugs I scanned the room he wasn't here..

The elevator door dinged and there he was... Still tall... He got a haircut it was shorter. I was knocked out of my thoughts when he started to talk.

"Your back." he said dryly. "I'm back.." I said nervously.. Looking at him again was a fucking kick to the gut god i'd missed him.

"You should of stayed in London." He scoffed walking past me brushing my shoulder. I was taken back  by his words. My head snapped around to watch him walk to his room. The whole team stood here shocked... 

I rolled my eyes acting as if I didn't care. "Right back to business." I started before Tony shushed me. "Nu uh. None of that. Not today. Get some rest and well talk about missions tomorrow." he paused before continuing. "You need to rest if were going to do this." he finished sounding concerned. 

I didn't want to ask what that was about the answers get scary. I went to my room and unpacked. I took a shower got into some comfy PJs and went over what Jules had sent me...

I sat at my desk on my laptop looking at the brief.. Agent Brown had  a lead on a couple in France the last of Hydra. I closed my laptop moved as far as I could, I got into the covers of my bed and sank into my mattress.

2 months ago when I was still settling Fury and I went around the globe eliminating Hydra completely of the face of the Earth. I should of known.