Chapter Forty-one

- What happened to George? -

"Hey, Minho!?" I yell as I see Minho run out of the maze and I make my way up to him the best I can with my ankle, putting down the bucket of food for the animals, "Shouldn't George be with you?" I ask as I catch up to him. Minho looks at me with a confused expression.

"What do you mean? George was never in the maze with me" he says. My heart drops as I realize that George count have told Minho he went into the maze even though he told Minho he was sick.

"She-bean?" Minho then asks pulling me out of my thoughts "You okay? you look kinda pale" he says with concern, walking up to me putting his hand on my forehead. "I-..." I start to say but I can't seem to form the words.

"Hey, what's going on?" Theo asks, coming up to us with Newt and Fry. "Wait, where's George?" Newt then asks looking over at Minho, who's just standing there looking like one big question mark, as he shrugs.

"George is still in the maze..." I tell them blankly looking over at the doors that's about to close and they all look at each other with panic in their eyes. "Well, what are we doing here standing around? we have to find him" Fry then speaks up.

"What?! No!" I immediately protests "We can't go into the maze now, it's too dangerous with the Grievers walking around," I tell them "I mean it's pure luck I even survived in the maze" I add looking at them all "She's right, we have to wait till tomorrow" Minho agrees.

"Wait for tomorrow to what?" Alby then asks as he walks up with some other guys as they see us standing by the doors. "George is still in the maze," Theo then explains to Alby as they all look at him with shocked expressions.

"What?" Alby asks with wide eyes as he looks over at me, "He went in this morning, after telling me he was feeling better" Theo tells Alby "Yeah, I'm sorry but the wall are closing at any moment now, we can't go look for him now, we'll go in tomorrow morning" Alby says "I'll inform the others" Minho then says as he runs off to inform the other runners, and I go back to the stables to finish up feeding the animals.