Chapter Sixty-two

- Ben's banishing -

As Minho walks up towards the doors I stand on the side watching him push Ben forwards, Ben panting. "Just listen to me" I then hear Ben say, but its not his normal voice, it sound more like a devil talking instead of him. "Just, please, listen to me" Ben keeps pleading, Minho just looking straight forward ignoring Ben's words. "Please, Minho" Ben pleads as Minho just keeps pushing him forwards.

"Alby!" Ben then tries as Minho pushes Ben past the boys standing ready to push Ben into the maze, and I look over at Alby to see a sad look on his face as he turns facing the doors. Ben then growls as Minho pushes him just a bit more then shoves him to the ground, Ben now sitting on his knees.

Minho then grabs his knife from his Runners vest cutting Ben loose from the ropes, making Ben fall forwards gasping for air, before he starts crying, and then coughing up some black liquid, as Minho walks up to the doors of the maze. "No, no, please" Ben then pleads "Please don't. please don't do it" he cries and I see Minho looking over at Alby before he then throws a bag into the maze for Ben.

The maze then starts rumbling to indicate that the doors are about to close, and wind start blowing into the Glade, "Poles!" Alby then yells as Ben starts backing up, and the guys then points their poles at Ben getting ready to push him into the maze.

"No. No. No." Ben pleads and I turn around hiding my face in Theo's chest as he is standing behind me. "I can't watch this" I then mutter as Alby tells the boys to move in, and I hear Ben pleading to them not to do it.

"No, I can get better!" Ben screams at them as Theo puts his arms around me, "Please! Just listen to me!" Ben keeps trying as they push him further towards the doors. "Please, no! Please, no! You don't under-" Ben pleads "Push him in!" Alby then yells and look up to see Ben now standing between the doors trying to push through the guys, but he's not strong enough and they push him into the maze, the doors closing before him as he screams at them that he'll get better.

Everyone then just stands there for a moment after the doors have closed, before Alby then turns to face us looking around at everyone's sad faces, before speaking up "He belongs to the Maze now" he then says before walking off, everyone putting their poles up against the doors and following after, except Minho who is just standing there looking down at the ground,  and I slowly walk up behind him.

"He was my friend" Minho says not looking up from the ground, and I wrap my arms around his torso, resting my head on his back. "I know" I reply softly, as he turns around facing me, and I look up at him as he wraps his arms around me too. "You gonna be alright?" I then ask and he nods his head before we both walk off to find Theo and Newt.