Chapter Twenty-two

- big day -

"WAKE UP, SHE-BEAN!" I hear Minho screaming from outside my door. I groan and roll over, trying to block out the noise. But Minho is persistent and continues to bang on my door. "Go away, Minho," I mumble into my pillow. before hearing the door open "Come on, you gotta get up!" he continues "Big day today" he adds, and I turn around looking at him confused to what he's on about "You kidding me right" he then asks in disbelief "You really don't know?" "I don't know what you talking about" I say, sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

"Alright, then let me give you a hint," he then starts as he leans on the door frame and smiles at me "You've been here for a month now..." he drags out leaning a bit forward crossing his arms over his chest and it takes a moment for his words to register, but when they do, my eyes widen in realization. "Oh my god," I say, with excitement "The new greenie is coming up today!"

Minho nods his head, a grin still on his face. "That's right, so get up before breakfast is gone" he tells me. I roll my eyes at him and get out of bed, walking over to my dresser picking out an outfit, "Uhm, a little privacy could do" I tell him, and he chuckles before walking out, closing the door behind him. I quickly change into a pair of black shorts and a grey shirt before going to sit on my bed to put on my tan combat boots, then grabbing my black cap and heading out.

and Minho and I make our way to the eating area, where everyone is already gathered, eating breakfast. I grab a plate and fill it with some eggs and toast before taking a seat next to Minho.

"So, last few hours of being the greenie, huh?" Justin then says as I take a bite of my eggs "how's it feel?" he adds and I shrug "I don't know, I feel like I've been here forever already" I say, laughing slightly. Everyone else laughs along with me and we continue to eat our breakfast.

"Hey, Y/n, could you help out in the med-hut today? I have a feeling it's gonna be an eventful day with this one" Clint then asks and I nod my head "Yeah, sure" I smile taking a bite of my bacon. "Morning..." I then hear a tired British voice say from behind me before feeling a pair of hands on my shoulders, making me jump slightly. I turn around to see Newt standing there, his hair all messy and his eyes still half closed, making me laugh. "Oh, god... Morning, Newt" I say, patting his hand before he takes a seat next to me.

"So, ready for your big day?" he asks me, a teasing glint in his eyes and I roll my eyes at him playfully. "I don't know, I think I might miss being a greenie" I reply, making him laugh before we continue to eat our breakfast. After breakfast, I head to the med-hut with Clint, ready to start my day. Throughout the day, I help out with various tasks, from sorting out supplies to helping with minor injuries.