Chapter Nineteen

- Do you believe in ghosts? -

"I'll just be right back," I murmur, knowing that I can't let anything happen to my precious drawings. Fry nods understandingly and continues on his way to the kitchen to start preparing lunch.

Turning on my heels, I quickly run to my hut, placing the sketchbook in the drawer I always have it in. I then make my way back to the kitchen where Fry is bustling about, chopping vegetables with practiced ease. "Alright, I'll just get started then," he says with a grin, his eyes crinkling at the corners in that endearing way of his.

I roll up my sleeves and join him, happy to have some company in the kitchen. We work together in comfortable silence, occasionally exchanging a joke or a story. Then after preparing and serving the food we are all sitting by the table chatting.

"In my opinion you could have maybe used some more salt for this" Justin then speaks up looking over at me "Yeah, well, it's a real shame nobody asked for your opinion then" I say with a smirk, making everyone laugh. Justin playfully rolls his eyes and takes a bite of his food, making a show of savoring the flavor.

"Well, I think it's rather good" Andrew then speaks up putting an arm over my shoulders "And what exactly are you bribing for?" I ask him with a raised eyebrow, causing everyone to laugh again. "Nothing!" Andrew then puts his hands up in defense, laughing along with everyone else.

"Yeah, right" I just reply as I take another bite of my food. We continue to chat and joke around, for a while longer, before we have to get back to work.

"Hey fry?" I decide to speak up breaking the silence between us as we are cleaning up after lunch "Yeah?" Fry responds as he's putting away some of the dishes.

"What kind of parent do you think you would be?" I ask him curiously, wanting to get to know him better. "Oh, that's a tough question." Fry says as he leans against the counter. "What kind of parent would I be?" he then asks himself drying off some more dishes. "Well, I think you would be a fun and adventurous parent." I say with a smile. "Maybe," Fry says with a chuckle. "But I also think I would be a bit of a goofball. I can be pretty silly and goofy at times."

"What about you, Y/n? what kind of parent do you think you would be?" Fry then asks me "Me? Hmm, I think I would be a nurturing and caring parent." I say thoughtfully. "Yeah, I can definitely see that." Fry says with a smile. "You have a kind and gentle nature." "Thanks, Fry." I say with a small smile.

"I really do miss my parents though" I then say stopping in my tracks as I look out at the other guys working, before turning back to Fry. "Me too, Y/n." Fry says with a sad smile.

"Do you believe in ghosts?" I then ask out of the blue trying to change the subject, making fry chuckle lightly "I don't know, but one time, when I was cleaning up after dinner and I swear I saw a white see thru kinda thing right in front of the walls to the maze" he then says with a small chuckle. "Really? That's creepy." I say with a shiver. "Yeah, it was probably just my imagination, but it definitely freaked me out." Fry says with a smile. "Well, if there are ghosts, I hope they are friendly and won't bother us." I say with a small smile. "Yeah, me too." Fry says with a nod. and we kinda keep asking each other weird ass questions as we get done with the dishes.