Chapter Sixty-nine

- What could she know? -

"Jeff. What's going on?" Newt asks as Minho, Thomas and I follow him into the med-hut, walking up to the girl laying unconscious on one of the beds. "what's the matter with her? Why wont she wake up?" he then asks as I was up between him and Minho. "Hey, man, I got my job the same way you did" Jeff just say as I look down at the girl.

"Well, do you recognize her?" Newt then asks as he turns his head to look at Thomas, his arms crossed over his chest. "No." Thomas just says blankly looking down at the girl. "Really? Because she seemed to recognize you" Newt just tells him, and I look up at him before looking back down at the girl.

"What about the note?" Thomas then asks trying to change the subject. "Yeah, we'll worry about the note later" Newt says looking at the girl. "I think you should worry about it now" Thomas then tells him and we all look up at him. "Yeah, I'm kinda with Thomas on that one" I then speak up looking up at Newt. "We've got enough to deal with at the moment" Newt just says, and I look over at Alby laying on a bed, tied down, behind Minho.

"He's right, Newt" Jeff then says agreeing with Thomas as well, and I back at Jeff. "If the box isn't coming back up, how long do you think we can last?" Jef then asks worried, "No one said that" Newt just says looking at Jeff. "Let's not jump to any conclusions. We'll just..." Newt adds as I look up at him, "We'll just wait until she wakes up and see what she knows" he tells us and I look back down at the girl. "Somebody's gotta have some answers around here" he then adds hoping for some answers when she wakes up.

"Okay" Thomas then speaks up before leaving the hut, and I turn around with a confused look on my face. "And where are you going?" Newt asks him confused. "Back into the Maze" Thomas just tells him before walking out the door, Newt then looks over at Minho, before he runs off after Thomas.

"I have to go check up on the animals, see how Tyrell is doing with them" I then say as I look over at Newt, "I'll see you later?" I add before turning around walking out the door, as I see a worried look on Newts face. I walk over to the animal pen, and I see Tyrell sitting on a haystack, a bag of fruit next to him, and the animals all roaming free in the pen.

"Hey, how are the animals doing?" I ask him as I walk over and sit down next to him. "Good, they're all doing good" Tyrell tells me looking over at me, "How's the girl?" he then asks me and I look over at him. "She's still not awake, Newt thinks she might know something about the note, and her being the last one ever, and all that" I tell him looking back at the animals.

"Well, lets get back to work," I then start as I hop down from the haystack, "I don't know 'bout you, but I don't wanna be here more than what's necessary" I then say looking over at Tyrell. "Are you sure that we can't just take the rest of the day off?" Tyrell asks as he get down from the haystack as well. "And who are gonna look after the animals if we do that?" I ask him as I grab a broom. "I don't know, maybe Theo? and the other brick-nicks?" Tyrell says as he starts cleaning the pen.

"You really trust them with the animals?" I ask him looking over at him raising my eyebrows, "One second with the animals and they are running loose in the Maze" I continue before Tyrell looks over at me laughing. "Oh, come on, they can't be that bad" Tyrell says as he looks over at me. "Theo poured half a bucket of water over me yesterday, because he got bored, just because he was helping me fill up the water for the animals" I tell him as I walk over to one of the buckets of water to fill up for the chickens. "You have to admit though, that was pretty fun...-" Tyrell begins before I cut him off giving him a glare as he just goes back to work in silence. After we then are done with the cleaning I sent him off helping out where he can as I go help out in the gardens.