76. September 30

Olivia woke up early to the sound of her alarm clock. Max was still sound asleep. She walked to the small kitchen and started making some coffee and got a pressed green juice out of the fridge for Max. As her coffee was getting done, she walked to the bathroom, cleaned her teeth and brushed her hair. She could see through the small gaps in the window the shades of yellow light start to appear on the sky. She brought over the green juice and placed it on Max's night stand, her coffee on hers. Then she slowly opened up the curtains so they would be able to watch the sunrise in bed. Most of the sky was still dark blue, the sun was just starting to come out. Olivia went back to bed, Max was waking up slowly with the movement on the bed, the mild noise and the light coming from the window.

Olivia laid back down next to him as he was opening his eyes and looking around "Good morning" said Olivia as she cuddled up to him. On his groggy state Max still managed to smile at her, his eyes barely open.

"Morning" he said as she placed her arms around his neck and gave him a small kiss.

"Somebody forgot to mention that today was his birthday" said Olivia as she laid her head on his chest.

"Oh no" said Max with a chuckle "Who could that bastard be?" he joked as he pulled Olivia closer to him, making her lay on top of him.

Olivia giggled as she laid on top of him, Max finally had his eyes completely open and was looking up to Olivia "Happy birthday love" she said to him with a sweet smile as she leaned in to kiss him. It was a soft, slow and sweet kiss. Max tightened his grip around Olivia and ran one of his hands through her back.

Max smiled as Olivia broke the kiss apart "Well this birthday is off to a very lovely start" he said looking up into her eyes. They laid in bed for a while, watching the sun rising through their window. Max drank his juice, Olivia eventually drank her coffee once it was cold, and then Max asked "Do you want to order room service today? Stay in bed?".

"Actually, I thought maybe we could go to the restaurant on the terrace" said Olivia. They usually had breakfast in the regular restaurant inside the hotel, but there was a prettier, fancier restaurant up on a terrace on one of the top floors.

Max stroked her arm as they laid in bed "Sure, we can go wherever you want" said Max casually.

"Well it's kind of your birthday, so you should be deciding" said Olivia.

"Oh, well then I'd like us to stay in bed" said Max looking at her. She sat up and looked at him, lightly shaking her head 'no'. Max got the not-so-subtle hint "And that's precisely why we should go to the terrace" he added after seeing Olivia's look.

"Perfect!" said Olivia brightly, Max chuckled "I'll go shower then" she added.

She got up from the bed and walked over to the bathroom. Max called out to her "Can I join you at least?".

Olivia popped her head through the door "Well, I guess it is your birthday" she said jokingly with a wink as Max got up and headed to her.

A couple of hours later they were finishing getting ready. Olivia was wearing a light yellow short sundress and leather sandals. Max was wearing his usual white t-shirt, now paired with dark shorts and white sneakers.

Once they were ready they walked to the elevator and pressed the button to the terrace. After asking for a table the hostess guided them to one of the tables on the edge of the terrace, overlooking the city, as they arrived people called out "Happy birthday Max!" and "Surprise!" all over the long breakfast table.

Olivia knew if Max hadn't mentioned his birthday it was probably because he didn't want to actually do anything, so she kept it simple. Checo, the Ferrari boys, Yuki, Daniel, Lando, Christian, GP, a few more team members, and of course Victoria and even Jos Verstappen. She invited just those who were closest to Max.