93. Crayons

Just like Max had promised, they did not go out with Olivia's parents again after that. Her father called Max the next day to apologize on behalf of Olivia's mother and to clarify that he did not care if they celebrated the team's win with lots of champagne and parties. Max talked to him over the phone and once more it was an agreeable conversation. Still, Olivia refused to join them for dinner again and Max supported her about it. She was just glad her parents were not staying at the same hotel, because this way she still got to see her nephews, niece and Carola without having to spend time with her parents.

"Paola and Toño get here tomorrow for FP1" said Checo as they were having breakfast. Liv was coloring with Carlota on a blank notebook Max and Olivia had just bought her since they noticed she kept drawing all the time.

"Toño as in your brother right?" asked Max looking at Checo.

"Yeah, our siblings, they're coming to the race" said Checo with a smile.

"All the Perez's under one tiny garage, this has got to be fun" said Liv sarcastically.

"Oh common Liv, it's great we're all gonna be together" said Checo "and if we win they are coming to the celebration dinner, if we don't then we are still having dinner just us".

Liv stopped drawing and gave him a look without saying a word. Max turned to look from Checo to Olivia, not sure of what they would say next. Carola looked at Liv expectantly waiting for her reply.

"What?" said Checo.

"Chequito I love you, but I'm not going to any more dinners" said Liv calmly.

"Common Liv you see them twice a year, just go to that last one" begged Checo "you aren't gonna be here for Christmas, at least do this" he tried to convince her with a pleading look.

Olivia rolled her eyes and let out a sigh "fine, for you, and as long as I get to sit far away from mom" she said.

"We can make place cards" nodded Carola with a comforting smile.

After a while Max and Checo left to get ready for media day. Olivia was all ready to go so she stayed at the restaurant while Max got ready upstairs. She was finishing her coffee while talking to Carola when little Carlota pulled at her arm "auntie" she said.

Liv turned to her "yes sweetie?".

"This is for Maxie" said Carlota casually giving Liv a drawing she had just finished.

"Oh wow! It's so beautiful! Is this us?" asked Liv with a smile as she saw the drawing: on a spiked and green grass there were 3 stick figures, one was a guy in a blue cap, another one was a woman in a blue triangle-shaped dress with dark hair, and in between both of them, holding each other by their stick hands, was a smaller girl with a pink triangle-shaped dress and brown hair. There was a yellow sun in the sky, some blue clouds and tiny pink hearts all around them.

"Yes, that's Maxie, and me, and you" explained Carlota while pointing to each of them "and hearts because we are always going to be together." said Carlota like a serious artist showing her work.

Liv giggled and had a huge smile on her face "It's wonderful sweetie, I'll make sure Max gets it, he's going to love it too" said Liv admiring her niece's very abstract and crooked but adorable job. "Should we label it? So our names are in it?" she asked Carlota.

Carlota nodded and gave Liv a crayon, she used it to write each of their names on top of each stick figure "done, that's all of us" said Liv.

"I want one too now" said Carola looking at the drawing with a smile.

Very seriously Carlota nodded "I'll do one for mommy" she said as she grabbed her crayons and got to work.

After Carola and Liv had finished their coffee they headed to their respective rooms.