Chapter 3

Amelia was shaking in tears as she made her way to the park bench to stop and catch her breath. She pulled out her phone and checked to see if the Eras Tour was on a break or not. Just as she suspected it was. She knew how to get to Taylor's house but she had no idea how long it would take her to get there as it was all the way over the other side of the city. She didn't have any money and her phone was nearly dead. Amelia was cold and exhausted but she didn't know what else to do. She didn't have any money for a hotel or for an Uber. Despite it nearly being one am she tested her luck with Taylor's phone once again. As the call went to voicemail she was starting to doubt her plan not even sure if Taylor was in LA. She started stumbling towards the main road as it was the most straight forward way to get to Taylor's place.

She had walked for what felt like forever when she reached Taylor's street. She walked weakly up to the fence. It was around 6:30am so she didn't expect anyone to be awake. She anxiously looked through the massive security fence keeping the public out. The amount of security guards told her Taylor was home. Tears filled her eyes when she realised she had no way of getting in. It was too early to try Taylor again. She would have to camp out until she could see a security guard she recognised.

An hour pasted, she didn't recognise anyone. Her plan was failing. She loss all hope until she heard talking. "Hey Trav." She heard from one of the security guards. "Hey Dave!" Amelia watched anxiously, she knew Dave. He was her favourite, he was always nice to her. "What are you doing out here?" Dave asked, Amelia found comfort in a familiar voice. "Tay's still out, I couldn't sleep I didn't wanna wake her. This random number kept calling her last night." "Don't worry too much Travis it's probably just a joke. Some kids with a random number decided to call it." "At one am?" Travis asked, Amelia knew they were talked about her. "Look Travis, the fence is up for a reason. We are all here to keep you guys safe." Amelia looked over the fence to see Dave comforting him. "Thanks man. I'm probably just over reacting. Do you mind if I stay here for a bit. I don't wanna wake Tay." "Of course Trav, we are more than happy to have your company." Amelia's heart sank knowing Taylor didn't have her number saved. Maybe her dad was right, maybe Taylor didn't care about her.

After about another half an hour a car pulled up to the property, she immediately recognised it. It was Andrea's Taylor's Mom who always treated Amelia as a grandkid. Amelia took her chances and dashed for the gates as they were closing. The security guard next to Travis ran over to Amelia as Andrea stepped out of the car. Amelia couldn't run she was too weak as she saw Andrea's face she collapsed to the floor completely surrendering to the weakness holding over her body, she was exhausted!

Andrea's POV

I pulled up to Tay's house and waved to the security guard as he opened the gates for me. There was commotion behind me, I wasn't sure what it was until I stepped out of the car. I didn't get a good look at the teenage girl and before I could she collapsed in the security guard's arms. Travis who was outside standing about 15 feet away ran over at the same time as me to help. "I didn't do anything." The security guard pleaded. Travis rolled to girl over so we could see her face. I gasped as I knew who she was immediately, it was Amelia Joe's girl, but what was she doing here? She was the sickest I had ever seen her to the point I almost didn't recognise her. "Let's get her inside!" I panicked I knew she needed help. "But Andrea we don't know who she is! What if she's here to hurt Tay!" Travis said concerned for Taylor's safety, but I didn't care to explain to him who she was. "Travis, she just collapsed in front of us. We need to get her inside. She freezing!" I said feeling her body, she was ice cold who knows how long she had been in the cold for. "Please Travis help me carry her inside." Travis stopped speaking a carried her while I opened the door.