Chapter 44

The days in Kylie's house became a blend of warmth and routine, punctuated by the bright spots of laughter and joy that the children brought into Amelia's life. Despite the distance and the challenges of being away from Taylor and Travis, Amelia found solace in the moments she spent with her new friends.

Kylie had gone above and beyond to make Amelia's stay as comfortable as possible. She had not only introduced Amelia to her favorite activities but had also arranged nightly FaceTime calls with Taylor and Travis. These calls became a cherished part of Amelia's routine, a beacon of connection that helped her feel closer to her loved ones.

On the evening of the first FaceTime call, Amelia sat in the cozy corner of the living room, her favorite blanket wrapped around her as she waited for the video call to begin. The room was softly lit, and the anticipation of seeing Taylor and Travis made her heart flutter with a mix of excitement and nervousness.

When the call connected, Taylor's smiling face appeared on the screen, her eyes sparkling with warmth and affection. "Hi, Amelia! How are you?" she asked, her voice a comforting melody.

"Hi, Taylor," Amelia replied, her voice brightening. "I'm doing well. It's been really nice here with Kylie and the girls."

Travis's face soon joined the screen, his usual playful grin evident even through the pixelated image. "Hey there, Amelia! How's everything going? Have you been up to any fun activities?"

Amelia couldn't help but smile at their familiar faces. "Yeah, we've been having a lot of fun. We made cookies the other day, and today we had a snowball fight. It's been really nice."

"That sounds awesome!" Travis said enthusiastically. "I'm glad you're having a good time."

Taylor looked at Amelia with a tender expression. "We've been thinking about you a lot. How have the calls been helping? Are you feeling a bit more connected?"

Amelia nodded, feeling a wave of gratitude. "The calls have been really comforting. It helps to see you both and hear your voices. It makes me feel like I'm not so far away."

"Good," Taylor said with a smile. "We want you to know that even though we're miles apart, we're always with you in spirit. And I'm really glad Kylie set up these calls so we can stay connected."

As the conversation continued, the distance seemed to melt away. The laughter and stories exchanged during these nightly calls became a source of joy and reassurance for Amelia. Taylor and Travis would share snippets of their day, talk about the tour, and ask about Amelia's experiences with Kylie and the girls.

The routine of these calls quickly became something Amelia looked forward to each evening. They provided a comforting consistency in her life, a reminder of the love and support that awaited her back home. Each call ended with heartfelt goodbyes and promises to catch up again the next night, leaving Amelia with a sense of contentment and a little less anxiety about the separation.

The days went by, filled with the usual rhythms of life in Kylie's home and the comforting connection of the nightly FaceTime calls. As Amelia settled into her new routine, she felt a renewed sense of strength and hope, buoyed by the knowledge that Taylor and Travis were just a call away.