Chapter 45

The night before the Super Bowl held a special kind of tension for Amelia. It wasn't just the anticipation of seeing Taylor and Travis again that made her heart race; it was the culmination of a series of transitions and emotions that had marked her time away from home. Kylie, the girls, and Amelia had flown to Phoenix that afternoon, and now they were settling into their hotel room, ready for the big game.

The hotel was abuzz with the excitement of the upcoming Super Bowl, and the atmosphere was electrified with the promise of what the next day would bring. Amelia was sharing a room with Kylie and the girls, and despite the whirlwind of activity and anticipation, a soothing calm had settled over them as they prepared for their last night before the game.

Kylie had set up a cozy little corner in the room with blankets and pillows, creating a makeshift den where they could relax. Wyatt and Ellie, who had grown fond of Amelia, were excitedly discussing the game and their plans for the next day. The enthusiasm of the girls was contagious, and Amelia found herself caught up in their excitement, though she felt a flutter of nerves about seeing Taylor and Travis soon.

As the girls played and chatted, Kylie took Amelia aside, sensing the undercurrent of anxiety that had accompanied her all day. She led Amelia to the balcony, where they could sit quietly and look out over the city lights of Phoenix.

"You seem a bit on edge," Kylie said gently, her eyes filled with concern. "How are you feeling about tomorrow?"

Amelia sighed, taking in the view of the sprawling city. "I'm excited to see Taylor and Travis again, but I'm also nervous. It feels like everything is moving so fast, and I can't believe we're already here. I haven't seen Travis since before the tour started, and I know he's been busy. I'm just hoping that everything goes well and that I fit in okay."

Kylie nodded, her expression thoughtful. "It's completely normal to feel that way. It's been a big transition for you, and seeing Taylor and Travis again is going to be a huge moment. But remember, you've done really well adjusting to everything. You're stronger than you think."

Amelia gave her a small, appreciative smile. "Thank you, Kylie. I'm really grateful for everything you've done for me. I know it's been a lot to ask."

"You're welcome," Kylie said warmly. "You're part of the family now, and we're all here to support you. Just take things one step at a time, and remember that Taylor and Travis are excited to see you, too."

As the night drew on, the excitement of the next day began to settle into a gentle anticipation. Kylie and Amelia joined the girls in their makeshift den, where they made a batch of popcorn and watched a movie together. The familiar routine of spending time with Kylie and the girls helped soothe Amelia's nerves and create a comforting sense of normalcy.

Later, as the room grew quieter and the girls drifted off to sleep, Amelia lay awake, thinking about the upcoming Super Bowl. She could hardly wait to see Taylor and Travis and to be reunited with them. The knowledge that they would soon be together again filled her with a sense of relief and happiness.

Kylie, noticing that Amelia was still awake, gently tapped her on the shoulder. "Can't sleep?" she asked softly.

Amelia shook her head. "I guess I'm just excited and a bit nervous."

Kylie smiled and sat down beside her. "It's okay to feel that way. Tomorrow is going to be amazing, and you'll be surrounded by people who care about you. Just remember, no matter what happens, you're not alone. We're all in this together."

Amelia took a deep breath, feeling a wave of calm wash over her. "Thanks, Kylie. I really appreciate you being here for me."

"Anytime," Kylie said with a reassuring smile. "Now, try to get some rest. Tomorrow is going to be a big day."

As Amelia settled back into bed, the reassuring words and support from Kylie provided the comfort she needed to drift off to sleep. The anticipation of reuniting with Taylor and Travis, combined with the warmth of the new friendships she had made, gave her a sense of hope and excitement for the days to come.

Tomorrow was going to be a day of new beginnings, and Amelia was ready to embrace it with an open heart.