Chapter 49

Returning to Taylor's house after the whirlwind of the Super Bowl celebrations and the media frenzy was supposed to bring a sense of relief, but instead, the tension in the air was palpable. The familiar walls of Taylor's home, usually a place of comfort for Amelia, now felt heavy with the weight of what was to come.

Taylor's Eras Tour was set to resume in just a few days, this time taking her across the globe to Melbourne. The house was filled with the chaotic energy of preparation—suitcases being packed, travel itineraries being finalized, and last-minute meetings taking place. Travis was also busy, his mind still buzzing with the afterglow of the Super Bowl victory and the responsibilities that came with it.

Amelia felt the unease settling in her chest like a heavy stone. The thought of Taylor leaving again filled her with dread. She had just started to find her footing after everything that had happened, and now the prospect of being separated from Taylor once more seemed unbearable.

She lingered near the doorway of the living room, watching Taylor as she meticulously packed her bags. Taylor was focused, trying to ensure everything was in place for the next leg of her tour. But despite her outward composure, Amelia could sense the underlying stress that Taylor was trying to hide.

Taylor glanced up and noticed Amelia standing there, her face etched with worry. She immediately set down the blouse she was folding and crossed the room to kneel in front of Amelia. "Hey, sweetie," Taylor said softly, brushing a hand along Amelia's arm. "You look like you've got something on your mind. What's bothering you?"

Amelia hesitated, not wanting to add to Taylor's stress, but the fear inside her was too overwhelming to keep in. "I'm scared," she admitted, her voice trembling. "I don't want you to leave again. What if... what if something happens while you're gone? What if I can't handle it?"

Taylor's heart ached at the sight of Amelia's vulnerability. She pulled her into a comforting hug, holding her close. "I know it's scary, Amelia. I'm not thrilled about being away from you either. But you're so strong, even when you don't feel like it. And you won't be alone—Travis, Jason and Kylie will be here, and I'll make sure to check in as much as I can."

Amelia buried her face in Taylor's shoulder, her words muffled by the tears she was trying to hold back. "But it's not the same without you. What if I mess up, or what if the media gets worse? I don't know if I can do this without you here."

Taylor tightened her embrace, her voice filled with reassurance. "You're not going to mess up. And if things get tough, you have people who love you who will be there for you. I'll be just a phone call away, and you can always talk to Travis, Jason, Kylie, or even Andrea if you need to. We're all in this together, and you'll never be alone, I promise."

Amelia pulled back slightly, looking up at Taylor with tear-filled eyes. "But what if it's too hard?"

Taylor gently wiped away Amelia's tears with her thumb. "Then we'll face it together, one step at a time. You've already been through so much, and you've come out stronger on the other side. I believe in you, Amelia. You're braver than you think."

Amelia nodded, trying to find comfort in Taylor's words, but the fear still lingered. Taylor noticed the uncertainty in her eyes and decided to offer a compromise. "How about this—we can set up a schedule where we talk every day, no matter what. I'll make sure to call you before and after each show, and we can even do video calls if you want. Would that help?"

Amelia considered the idea, and a small sense of relief washed over her. Knowing she would still have that connection with Taylor, even from halfway around the world, made the prospect of separation a little less daunting. "Yeah... that would help," she whispered.